Friday, September 6, 2013

July Summer Fun

I posted all the fun we had during the month of June, so now here is our July recap. At this point in my life, it's probably easiest to just do bullet points. My poor blog is so behind. I've got about 10 drafts of posts I need to blog about, but I just haven't had time. I'm going to make time this weekend though because I'm ready to see something different when I go to my blog's homepage. 

1. We had a bumper crop this year of beans and peas. Oh my goodness. I had lima beans and purple hull peas coming out of my ears! This was the Instagram picture I snapped after my first picking of the lima beans. We planted 3 rows of lima beans. This was just from the first row! I picked the other two rows the next day and then had to leave to go to Dallas for the John Mayer concert. My sweet mother-in-law shelled and put up every single one of those lima beans for me. That's love right there, folks! 


2. Eli and I loved going to the library each week to see all the special guests. The last guest this summer was the Snake Man. He came to the library last year, but Eli was just a little too young to make it through his entire presentation. This year, Eli did much better. I learned a lot about snakes in my area and more importantly, Eli learned what to do if he ever saw a snake. Here's hoping he never has to use that little bit of knowledge!


Clayton and Eli with the Snake Man

3. Eli spent a weekend in July with my Mom and Dad to spend some time with them before school started. He had so much fun! I'll say it again...I'm SO HAPPY they live closer to us now!  When we picked him up, Josh gave Eli a surprise-his new LSU hat. Shortly after getting in the car, this is how I found Eli. I snapped this and put it on Instagram with the caption "This is how you know your baby had a great time with his Grammy and Pop."


4. Well, we are now two time champions of the Yard of the Month club :) I never thought when I was growing up that I'd ever be excited about seeing that little sign in my yard, but I truly am. Keeping our flower beds looking nice and taking care of them are something I really enjoy doing. Every year I learn more about plants, what grows best for us, and how to take care of our yard. I'm by no means an expert when it comes to flower gardens, but I do enjoy it and take pride in keeping my yard nice and weed free. Maybe next summer we'll be three time champs :)


5. Little Miss Tinsley had her one year pictures taken this month before her big party next month. It's hard to believe this little girl is already one. She is such a fun baby and I'm in love with her! I also secretly LOVE the fact that everyone thinks she could be mine :) I can't wait to post about her first birthday party. It was over the top CUTESY!


That's July in a nutshell. The only other thing I could probably add would be that I spent a lot of July going to my classroom for a couple of hours at a time trying to get my room ready for the first day of school. Whew! That was a lot of work, but somehow I managed! I have more to post about later, but for now I think this is a good start. Stay tuned!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...