Monday, April 5, 2010

Chinatown and Little Italy

After our wonderful lunch overlooking the water, we set off in search of more sites from downtown NYC. We headed north to Chinatown, Little Italy, and Soho. On the way, we passed some really neat buildings.

Statue built to honor Benjamin Franklin

Another view of the Brooklyn Bridge
(I definitely want to walk across it the next time we go!)

City Hall
(So big I couldn't even fit all of it into the frame!)

The court house

We finally made it to Chinatown and it was craziness! Poor Josh! He said it was worse than the fair and if I wanted something that bad I could just go buy the real thing :) He didn't want any part of the back alley deals. It was like stepping into another world, especially when we walked down Fish Lane (my made up name for the place). There were TONS of raw fish everywhere and it didn't really smell that nice, but it was neat to see.


We made our way through Chinatown as quickly as we could (probably not fast enough for Josh!) and walked to Little Italy. This is a place we'll go back to when we return to New York so we can eat at one of these nice Italian restaurants.



We did pass by Lombardi's (supposedly the original pizzeria) and even though we had eaten just two hours before, I felt like we had to try the pizza, so we did! We shared a small pepperoni pizza. (Can you tell I like pizza just a little? I only ate it every single day we were in NYC!) It was definitely a very different tasting pizza, nothing like I had ever eaten at home, but I liked it. After two pieces I was stuffed!




We left Lombardi's and continued our trek north through Soho. We didn't spend much time here because we were so exhausted by this point! We found a subway, hopped on (we learned our lesson this time!), and rode back to our hotel. We needed to get packed since we were going to have to leave the hotel at 3:30 in the MORNING the next morning!! We definitely didn't want a repeat of the adventure we had just getting to NYC!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...