Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

For Valentine's Day this year, I wanted Eli to have a special Valentine Card for his friends, one that they wouldn't just throw away when they got home. I get the magazine Family Fun every month and one of the homemade Valentine's cards they featured was a recycled crayon heart card. I thought this would be perfect for his age group and I knew that Eli would be able to help make it.

I searched the internet for a cute card to go with it and found this one at The Long Thread. Perfect! We were ready to start our project!

First, we had to peel and break lots of crayons into little pieces. Eli loved this part because he got to step on them and he got to karate chop them!





Our crayons were ready to go!


Grammy found these cute silicone heart trays for me before she came down for the weekend. They were originally meant for making ice cubes, but they worked for this craft perfectly!
Eli and Grammy loaded up each heart with different colored pieces of crayons.


Ready for the oven!


We put them in a 250 degree oven for about 7-10 minutes or until the crayons were completely melted. Then we took them out and let them cool.


Eli thought the final product was pretty cool!


Our first handmade Valentine card turned out SO CUTE! Now I've got to think about what to do next year...


1 comment:

Baylee's Mommy said...

So creative! I couldn't think up something like that if my life depended on it. I will keep it in mind for next year. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...