Saturday, April 11, 2015

A Quick Trip to See Grammy and Pop

Since Eli and I were off two weeks from school for Christmas break, we decided to go see Grammy, Pop, Tinsley and Jameson for a couple of days after Christmas. Josh and Andrea were out of town so our coming actually worked out great because I was able to keep Tinsley and Jameson for Mom and Dad so they didn't have to take off work. Three kids was a lot of work but also a lot of fun! We had a blast hanging out with each other during the day. 

When we got to town we first went to Books-a-Million so Eli could use his gift card he got for Christmas from Mr. Art and Mrs. Vera. He's reading so much now so he tested out a couple of books before he made his decision. I loved being able to sit beside him and hear him read. 


He ended up choosing a Jake and the Neverland Pirates book with a read-along CD and a punch pen. Thanks for the gift, Mr. Art and Mrs. Vera!


I went to a couple of stores to use gift cards I had and then we went to Grammy and Pop's house. It was so good to get to spend some much time with Tinsley and Jameson. We played in the house, visited some stores, and went out to eat some yummy food. 


I loved being able to do Tinsley's hair every day. She let me braid it and do whatever I wanted to it. I really think I'd enjoy having a little girl, but if that doesn't ever happen I'm glad Tinsley lets me practice on her :) 


Jameson was definitely in a "I want to see you at all times" stage which kind of threw me for a loop. I was definitely out of my element in that regard because with Eli I can get ready for the day and not have to constantly worry if he's okay or getting into something he shouldn't be doing. Jameson wanted you to be around constantly and he really preferred it if you were holding him. I just couldn't hold him and get ready so this was how we compromised :) He sat in the Bumbo next to me at the sink so I could put on my make-up and do my hair. 


My dad chose to stay with us during the day and work at night, so one evening Mom and I loaded up the kids and went to Jason's Deli for supper. Jameson really enjoyed the ice cream there. 


We enjoyed the ice cream too!


The rest of our time was just spent playing at the house with each other. I'm glad I got the chance to love on my niece and nephew even if it was just for a couple of days. I'm supposed to get Tinsley for a week this summer so Eli and I are already looking forward to the time we're going to get to spend with her. I love both of those little munchkins so much!






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...