Monday, June 22, 2015

Mother's Day Weekend

This year for Mother's Day weekend I went to my parent's house to spend some time with my family. Frozen on Ice was going to be at the local theater that weekend so we all bought tickets to go see the show. Tinsley and Eli both loved Frozen so we knew they would really enjoy it. Before we went to the show, we met at Chick-fil-A and they reminded me why I love their restaurant so much. Every mother that walked through the door that day received a rose and a gift card for a free frosted lemonade. They sure know how to make a gal feel special :) That frosted lemonade was super yummy too! 


After Chick-fil-A we went down to the theater to see Frozen on Ice. I snapped this picture of Eli and Tinsley before we walked in. Aren't they the cutest kids ever?


They love each other so much. 

Once we got there Grammy bought Eli and Tinsley each a souvenir and then we found our seats. While we waited for the show to start we took a group selfie (not pictured Joshua and Andrea). The show was lots of fun, but watching Eli and Tinsley sing along to all the songs was my most favorite of all. Tinsley was so thrilled every time a new character came skating out and usually squealed with delight. It was precious! 


We came back to Mom and Dad's house (Dad and Caleb had been cooking while we were gone) and enjoyed a wonderful supper. I spent some time with Jameson in the swing outside. Sweet boy!


Sunday morning we went to church together and then came back to Mom and Dad's for lunch. We had some leftovers from the day before and they were just as tasty as the first day! Then we stepped outside for some Mother's Day pictures. 

Josh and Andrea gave mom a pot of flowers that had pictures of the grandkids modge-podged on it. 
It was really cute!

Andrea and her babies :)

Mom and her babies :)

Me with my baby :)

It was such a fun weekend and I loved getting to spend it with my Mom and the rest of my family. My fun didn't stop there though...as soon as Eli and I got home, I changed into my garden clothes and Josh and I dug up all our new potatoes. Talk about a fun Mother's Day present! I was so happy with our harvest! We literally had a wheelbarrow full of new potatoes! Yay for my garden :) In case you're wondering, these potatoes last a long time. We put them in two closets in our house where it's cool and dark and use them all year. It's wonderful! I love my little gardening life :)




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...