Sunday, January 24, 2016

Thanksgiving in Texas-Wilson Thanksgiving Meal

The next day we started out by going to Krispy Kreme. Eli and I were quite fascinated by the donut making process and watched the assembly line for a long time. It was the perfect way to start our day. After Krispy Kreme we picked up Grandpa E and headed to Cabela's so Eli could pick out his birthday present from E. After looking around the entire store Eli decided on a bow. He tested it out in the store and was in love. He couldn't wait to get home to practice. 
 


I dropped the boys off at Grandpa E's house and then I headed to the store to get food for our Thanksgiving meal the next day. I found a little slice of heaven when I went to the freezer section. Most of you know about the Blue Bell famine of 2015 and this was the first time for me to see Blue Bell in stores in months. I was just a tad excited!! I showed great control and only bought one half gallon of homemade vanilla. I didn't know when I would see Blue Bell again so I made sure to document this very important historical day. 


The next morning I started cooking all the sides (Josh's dad ordered a Honeybaked Ham for the main dish) for our Thanksgiving meal while the boys went outside to watch Eli practice shooting his bow. After a few practice shots, he had it and was hitting his target every single time. 


My little turkey hunter :)

Josh's brother Ian and his family came over around lunch time and I forced everyone to take family pictures before I would serve food. Hey, when you are part of a family who hates pictures desperate times call for desperate measures. 


Ian and his daughter Sophie

The Wilson men

Ian, Tasha, and Sophie


The Wilson Family


We ate a delicious Thanksgiving meal and then went to the park for the kids to burn off some energy. 




We spent the rest of our Thanksgiving day sitting around the fire pit talking and hanging out together. It was great to catch up with Ian, Tasha, and Sophie. The next morning we had to come back home but before we left I squeezed in a quick ten mile run at a local park. The St. Jude half-marathon was quickly approaching and I knew I needed to put in the run time. The park I went to was so beautiful. Even though it was very chilly in the beginning it quickly warmed up and ended up being a great day for a run. 


We said good-bye to Grandpa E and to Texas and headed back home. It was a great visit and I can't wait until we can see him again! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...