Friday, May 27, 2016

Winter Garden

What started as a hobby has now become a passion. Josh and I LOVE gardening and we are now those people that always have something planted. I can't tell you the last time I bought any kind of vegetable from the store and I'm so proud of that. I love that every time we eat supper two or three of the items on our plates are from our garden. Plus, gardening is therapeutic. I love checking on my plants everyday and watching them grow. This year for our winter garden we tried some new things. We planted broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, brussels sprouts, cabbage, and mustard greens. Everything did really well and I loved having fresh veggies throughout the winter. 







One day before going to Josh's grandmother's for dinner I went out into the garden and harvested some cauliflower, carrots, and broccoli. I was so excited to see my beautiful bounty that I immediately took a picture of it and posted it to Instagram. 


Then I washed, chopped, and diced and turned my beautiful veggies into a veggie tray! How fun!! This is why gardening and growing your own food ROCK! Now get out in your yard and plant something! You won't be disappointed!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...