Monday, June 12, 2017

Sugar Mill Pancake House and De Leon Springs

Nicki being the ultimate planner that she is had our entire vacation planned out to the tiniest detail. I love that about her and it meant I could completely sit back, relax, enjoy my vacation because I knew she had it all worked out. After getting in the from the airport, we ate at one of their favorite Mexican food restaurants, Chuy's, and then we headed to Jeremiah's to get some of the best Italian ice I'd ever had. It was so good! We visited a little bit once we got to their house and then it was time for bed. Nicki had a full day planned for us the next day. 

Our first stop of the day was the Sugar Mill Pancake House and De Leon Springs. What a fun experience for all of us! We were able to cook our pancakes right at our table and we could add whatever toppings we wanted (for a small fee). Other than me being on high alert that one of the boys would burn their hand off because of the hot griddle being right in front of us, it was such a cool experience and the pancakes were so good! 







After stuffing our faces with pancakes, it was time to head to the spring. It is a natural spring and pumps 19 million gallons of water daily and the temperature is always a cool 72 degrees. I got all that information right from the website :)



The area around the spring was beautiful but the boys wasted no time jumping in the chilly water. What was so cool about the spring was how clear it was! It was totally deceiving because the water was so much deeper than it looked. 






Freezing but happy




The boys played football, tag, and so much more. They had such a blast! Anytime these three get to spend time together and play it always make me sad that we don't live closer. I know they would have been best buds for sure. 




Nicki and I eventually ended up in the water and man was it chilly! We swam for a little bit and then enjoyed watching the the boys play from dry ground where it was much warmer. Our first full day in Florida was off to a great start! 





2 comments:

labride said...

Isn't the Pone de Leon spring supposed to be the fountain of youth spring? I have no idea why that's the first thing I thought reading it lol! The pancake place looks like a lot of fun.

theglenns556 said...

you forgot the part about Eli pushing me into the chilly water. #LittleJosh

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...