Monday, April 28, 2008

2nd Doctor's Appointment

About a week ago, I had my 2nd doctor's appointment with Dr. Daigle. This one was extra special though, because Josh, my mom, and my dad were there with me. I wasn't sure if they were going to do a sonogram again, but they did (obviously, since I posted the sonogram pictures a week ago). Josh got to go back with me first. We did the normal pregnancy stuff (the cup, weight, blood pressure, temperature). My weight I'm happy to say had only gone up 1.5 lbs. It appears I only felt like Shamu; I didn't actually weigh the same. Thankfully, my blood pressure was back to normal as well. The first time I went to the doctor, I was so tense that they had to take my blood pressure twice. The second reading was still high for me personally, but it was normal for their standards. This time I was back to my normal blood pressure reading, which is usually very low.

While she was doing all these check-ups, I asked if they planned on doing another sonogram today. She said they were so I asked if my parents, who had driven in from out of town, could watch. She said Yes! I was so excited. I went and got mom and dad and the four of us--me, Josh, mom, and dad--went to the sonogram room. I don't know what it is, but I always get so nervous while I'm waiting on that table. It doesn't help when the doctor takes like 30 minutes to get back there, too! Talk about anxiety build up! Dr. Carey (Dr. Daigle's partner) came finally. We made the introductions and then came the exciting part. It was so fun to see how much my little one had grown in just 4 weeks! (I must be feeding him very well!) He had more than tripled in size and was squirming and moving all over the place! Josh was a little lost for words when he saw our baby on the screen--not because he was moved with emotion, but because he couldn't tell what in the world he was seeing! Finally, he asked someone to point out all the parts. Dr. Carey did more than that, he turned on the 4D and we got to see our baby up close! To think that at 11 weeks, he/she has arms and legs, a heart that's beating, a little nose and mouth...it was so sweet! What a miracle life truly is! At one point during the exam, Mom and Josh both promise they saw the baby stick it's tongue out and pull it back in really quickly. Dr. Carey even went back to see if they were right, but he said it was just the umbilical cord. Mom and Josh weren't convinced. They both think I have a little Gene Simmons for a baby in my belly! Dr. Carey finished up the exam and said everything looked great. My due date is still November 3. I'm so glad I got to share this special moment with Josh and my parents!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...