Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Baby's 1st Gifts

Ever since we announced our pregnancy, Josh and I have been receiving small gifts from family and close friends. I wanted to show everything we have received and give credit to everyone who generously gave them to us. I've included labels with the names of the gift givers in this picture. We would both like to say how much we appreciate your generosity. Your outpouring of love and your excitement during this time mean so much to us. Thank you!


People have also been giving gifts to the happy parents to be. My mother-in-law gave me a Willow Tree figurine called "Cherish" which I absolutely love. Josh is a little freaked out by it because the woman doesn't have a face. He says that's creepy.

Sarah, a good friend at school, gave me the book that every pregnant woman reads, "What To Expect When You're Expecting." Nicki gave me a lot of pregnancy books. I think my favorite book that she gave me so far is a journal for expectant moms and dads. I used to write in a journal a lot, so having a journal where I can write letters to my unborn child is amazing. I can't wait until we can read them together!

Our kid neighbors across the street, the Orths, gave us several pregnancy books. They were kind enough to include a book for Josh. Poor thing, he's kind of been left out when it comes to gifts for the dad. Sabrina found a very cute book that all guys will appreciate, I think, called "My Boys Can Swim!" LOL! How funny is that? Josh hasn't read it yet; I have. It's a guy's guide to what is happening to their wife's body.

Once again, thanks to all of you for your kindness and support during this incredible time in our lives. It's so nice that we can share this moment with friends and family.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...