Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Back to Work for Mommy

Getting ready to leave for work. Eli wouldn't look at the camera
(he had just eaten and was SO tired).

Today was my second day back at work and things are going great. I felt yesterday as if I had never even left, which made me so happy because I thought I was going to have to re-train my students again since I had been gone so long. NOPE! They are doing so well! (Watch them be AWFUL tomorrow now that I've bragged on them!) There have been a few little kinks, but nothing major. And even better...they all did GREAT on their reading assessment last week. The majority of my class is reading right where they should be. I'm so so thankful for my sub. She did such a great job making sure they were prepared for this test.

It feels good to be back in the classroom. My students were very excited to see me. My aide said that they must have missed me A LOT because she had not heard them work that quietly since I left. Maybe they're nervous that I'll leave again if they act up...kind of like the story "Miss Nelson Is Missing" :) Of course, my students have never acted like the kids in that book!

I was worried that Josh and I wouldn't be able to get up, get dressed, eat breakfast, feed Eli, and pack up to go in time to make it to work, but we have so far. Go us! It really isn't that bad either. I wake up at 5 o'clock and get ready. Around 6 o'clock, I feed Eli (he usually just "sleep-eats") and then put him back in bed. This allows Josh and I time to finish getting ready before we have to leave. Josh drops him off at Tammy's and makes it to work right on time. I don't like the fact I have to get up at 5 o'clock to make this happen, but I'm hoping my body will adjust very soon. I'm just a little tired (read that sentence as "I am barely able to keep my eyes open and I can't quit yawning.") I'm not tired from being up with Eli...he's still sleeping at least 6-7 hours every night. I'm just tired because I am constantly on the go now. I do not sit down until I get home with Eli in the afternoons. It's exhausting, but it's the type of exhaustion where you go to bed and you feel good because you know you're tired because you REALLy worked that day. I told Josh that I was already looking forward to the weekend so I can take a nap during the day. I used to look forward to the weekend so I could sleep in, but Eli doesn't quite understand that we sleep in on weekends yet. (I can't wait until we can teach him this!)

Eli is slowly getting used to being somewhere else during the day. If you think about it, say a little prayer for him. He was much better today than yesterday, so I have hope that it's only going to get better from here. I figure by the end of the week he and Tammy are going to have their routine down pat. Once again, I can't express how thankful and how blessed we are to have someone like Tammy take care of Eli. When I tell you that I didn't worry one second my first day back at work I am not lying. It was so great to have that peace of mind, especially when it comes to your child! Oh, and the greatest thing ever is the look my little boy has on his face when he sees his Mommy walk through the door every afternoon. WOW! It melts my heart every time. I wish I could bottle that expression up and keep it with me whenever I need a pick-me-up! I love holding him and snuggling on him after not seeing him. It's such an amazing feeling. Josh also gets to see this look when he goes over to Tammy's for lunch. Tammy said that the past two days Eli couldn't quit smiling, cooing, and laughing when his Daddy came to visit. So so sweet! I love it!

So, all in all, it has been a very successful two days. I know the next four months are going to pass by so quickly (at least, I hope they do!). I can't wait to spend the summer with my little boy. It's going to be so much fun! Please remember to keep all of us in your prayers! Thanks!

This was Eli after his first full day with "Mammy"
He was tuckered out!!
(he was even doing some baby snoring when I took this picture!)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...