Monday, January 18, 2010

Mr. Clean

Either my house is a lot dirtier than I thought or I have an OCD neat freak toddler on my hands. The other night Eli took it upon himself to use my Swiffer Wet Jet to clean my floors. He's seen me use it (don't you dare say anything, Josh Wilson!) and like a good son copied his Mommy's good cleaning habits :) Eli figured out how to work it before I could take out the cleaning solution and he didn't enjoy me taking the mop from him to clean up the puddles he'd made. I remedied this situation as fast as I could and took out the cleaning solution, so he could press the button to his heart's desire. He took it into the living room to clean our hardwood floors (another reason I had to take out the cleaning solution).




Don't think I've ever used this move to clean...


After mopping those floors, he realized that he'd forgotten to sweep first. He figured he could do that and mop...such a good multi-tasker! He did run into a little problem when he couldn't figure out how to move with both of them in his hands.



After he was through sweeping, he went and got the dust pan (on his own, I might add!) and allowed me to help him sweep up the mess. I hope that wanting to help continues well past the toddler years. It'd be great to have him help with chores around here! The more help the merrier!




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...