Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Blizzard of 2010 (That's what Louisiananians are going to call it!)

For those of you that haven't heard, last Friday Louisiana was blanketed in a strange foreign white substance called SNOW! I have to say it was quite a sight to behold. What's funny is that Eli has seen about as many snow days in Louisiana in his short 15 months as I have in 28 years. Global warming?? I think not!

Because of the enormous amounts of snow (HA HA!), all the schools in our parish-and probably most in our state-were closed for a SNOW DAY! I was so excited! My four day weekend (we got Monday and Tuesday off for a Mardi Gras holiday) had just been extended to a five day weekend!

Eli and I had so much fun playing in the snow. Mammy and Uncle Clare, Zue-Zue, Mrs. Dara, Mr. Whest, and Molly all came down to visit us and to enjoy the snow with us. It was a great day! Eli kept pointing to the snow, or "no" as he called it, all morning long as it was falling. How fun! The only thing that would have made it better would have been if Josh could have been home with us :( Poor thing! He had to work, but I made sure to take lots of pictures so he could experience the snow vicariously through us. Look at all the fun we had!









My most favorite picture of all. I don't know why, but I crack up
laughing every time I see Eli's silly face in this one. We've definitely got to
work on catching snowflakes on our tongue!













Molly giving Eli some love :)

What a sweet little man!

Molly's dad, Mr. Whest, built this cool looking snowman.




Molly saying, "Peace out!"

2 comments:

Avery's Mommy said...

Wasn't it beautiful! Avery called it 'no' too! :)

Penny said...

He was sooo excited! My favorite is the same one you picked. Too cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...