Friday, February 26, 2010

Eli's Valentine's Day Gift for the Grandparents

For Valentine's Day, I wanted Eli to do something very special for his grandparents. I decided to go the homemade route this year and make something I knew they would be able to treasure for years to come. I took pictures of Eli in his heart shaped glasses and created a bookmark using them. Then I painted Eli's hands and he used them to make a handprint heart for the front of the cards. Painting a 15 month old's hands...that was definitely interesting and surprisingly not nearly as messy as I thought it was going to be! Eli was so good! I wrote a cute little poem to go on the inside, laminated to card to help preserve it, and stuck the bookmark inside. It turned out so cute that I made one for Josh and me, too!






2 comments:

Penny said...

How cute! I know they loved it! You sound like me! I had my class make fingerprint flowers and laminated them into bookmarks for mother's day one year. My grandbaby was in the pre-k and I made ones with him for his mom. Then I made one for his other two grandmas and ME! When his little brother was up there with his dad dropping him off, I made some with his fingerprints, too. I LOVE my bookmarks!

labride said...

That is such a cute idea!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...