Monday, September 6, 2010

22 Months Old

Is it that time again already? Has another month already come and gone? We're one month closer to your second birthday-Eeek!-and I'm not prepared for that at all! How is it possible that my sweet little baby has become a two year old so soon? This month has been a big month of changes for you, but you seem to be handling them really well. I'm so happy that you're happy because just thinking about how you would react to all the changes caused your Daddy and I lots of hours of worry (well, maybe it was mostly just me). Like I said before though you're handing everything great and are continuing to grow up and change right before our very eyes.

Physically: You are still my skinny minny :) You mostly wear 18-24 month clothes, but there are some 2T t-shirts that fit you. You're skinny little booty can still wear a 12 month in shorts, but since fall and eventually winter is approaching I've been buying you 18-24 month sizes for the length. We may have to tack up the waist a little, but at least you won't be wearing high waters :) You're foot has grown this summer. You're now wearing a size 7. You're probably more like a size 6 1/2 but we bought 7's for all your new shoes so you'll have some growing room. Your favorite way to move these days is by jumping. You jump ALL the time! At first your feet barely cleared the floor, but now you're actually getting some height to your jumps. You've also discovered that it's lots of fun to jump off of things. Oh dear, oh dear! Just remember the "Five Little Monkeys" song...especially the part, "one fell off and bumped their head." Yeah, let's skip that part, okay? Your Daddy is convinced that you need a balance band on your arm since you continually bump into things when you walk. I'm not going to lie, you get that honestly, but it's not from your Daddy's side. There's a reason my middle name IS NOT Grace :) You still love running. That's how I usually convince you to take a bath every night. You and I have a little race to the tub; you always win, of course :) You're also a GREAT climber. You are the reason I just spent $65 coloring my hair. My hairdresser thanks you, my son, but my wallet does not.

Verbally: You understand everything and your Daddy and I have reached the spelling stage. You know, the stage where you spell certain words like O-U-T-S-I-D-E and P-O-P-S-I-C-L-E and T-O-Y S-T-O-R-Y. We're good until you get in kindergarten and learn how to spell those words. Your speech is still sometimes unclear to people except for family, but normally if we can't understand you we ask you to show us what you want and you usually can. You sing and do motions to songs. I guess your favorite songs right now would be "If you're happy and you know it," "The Hotdog Song," "The Wheels on the Bus," and "Twinkle, Twinkle." If the song has motions you know them really well (my personal favorite would be "The Wheels on the Bus") and you're actually able to finish the last line of all those songs when we sing them together.

Eating: Mostly unchanged, but being at daycare has helped make you eat better at home. Yay! You have become a pretty good eater and I'm so thankful for that; however, getting you to sit still to eat a meal is what we're working on now. You like to graze instead of eating your meal all at once. You are super independent when it comes to eating now and only let me help you with yogurt or cereal now. Everything else you want to do on your own. If I even try to help, you look at me and say, "I do!" I love that you're stretching your little wings and wanting to do things more on your own :)

Sleeping: You're still getting around 10-11 hours of sleep a night and our system of me laying you down and then sitting in the rocking chair for a few minutes is still working great. You are almost always asleep by the end of the first song. You're such a BIG BOY! You still wake up in the pre-dawn hours of the day though to get some snuggles from Momma. We're going to have to work on that soon, but I'm going to choose my battles and I'm not ready for that one just yet.

Big Changes: You start pre-school this month!!! WOW! The preschool you're going to go to comes HIGHLY recommended. Your Daddy and I went to meet your teachers and see your classroom the other night and we think you're going to LOVE it, too! You have adjusted to going to Mrs. G's house in the mornings, but you still wake up and say, "No go. Tay (stay) home," every morning :( Breaks my heart, but you're just a homebody, and once you get where you need to be you do great.

We love you sweet man and can't wait to see what the next two months have in store for us :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...