Monday, October 3, 2011

Visiting the Library

One of Eli's favorite things to do now is visit the library after school. He's definitely "my" child in this regard, because I LOVE the library. In fact, Josh jokes about when we moved here. The first thing I did when I got in town was go to the library for my library card. Hi, I'm Amanda, and I'm a nerd :) Eli already recognizes the building and every time we pass by it on our way home he asks if we're going to the li-bwa-wy that day. We don't go every day, but I do make a point to go at least once a week.

Eli's favorite part of library time now is getting to play on the computer there. I log him in and let him go to Starfall. For those of you that have never used that website, it's a great site for your kiddos that are in preschool, kindergarten, and first grade. I discovered it when I first started teaching 10 years ago and I have used it every single year in my classroom. Eli loves it and goes to the pre-reading section of the site that focuses mainly on letter recognition and letter sounds. He gets 30 minutes of computer time and after that we
browse the bookshelves for books, movies and magazines for both of us. Speaking of magazines, my monthly magazine bill has gone down drastically since I found out I can check out every magazine I subscribe to at the library! Isn't that wonderful!?! My gossip magazine People and I have become reacquainted with each other because of this wonderful news :) I never subscribed because it was too expensive, but now it F-R-E-E!!!




This particular day we checked out a lot of Curious George movies because my kiddos at school were celebrating Curious George's birthday the next day at school. After their weekly tests, I let them watch Curious George movies and eat yummy Curious George cupcakes that Eli and I made for them.



I'm so glad and thankful that I get to do fun things like this with my little boy. I can't wait for our next library adventure!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...