Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Last Day of PreK-3 (2011-2012)

Nine months ago, my two-almost-three year old, entered PreK-3 still looking like a baby. He was a little nervous about starting a new school, but we were all excited about everything he was going to learn at preschool. His white polo shirt was big on him and stain free, his backpack swallowed his entire back, and his tennis shoes had plenty of growing room in them.


Nine months later, my baby now looks like a little boy. His polo shirts have shrunk and are laden with stains (I did my best to control them), his backpacks now fits, and his foot decided to grow two sizes! It is amazing to me how much he grew up this year! His teachers, Mrs. Paige and Mrs. Jody, were wonderful and made this year so much fun for Eli. He never ever had a day where he didn't want to go to school. He loved everything about his first year in PreK-3! 


We got his end of the year report card and Eli did outstanding! He knows all his letters and sounds; knows all his shapes and colors; improved on his rote counting and number recognition; improved the way he holds his markers, scissors and crayons; began to read pre-primer sight words; learned how to spell his first, middle, and last name; knows his five senses; and can now rhyme words. Considering this year was really like a "bonus year" for him since he has to repeat it next year, we are VERY proud of all he accomplished! I'm looking forward to next year with Mrs. Paige and Mrs. Jody just because Eli will be with the friends he's going to be with until he graduates. It's going to be an exciting year!


We have a busy summer planned full of fun and exciting things we want to do. I can't wait to spend my days with my little man doing whatever we want to do! I'm also thankful because I won't have to spend my nights fighting stains like this...


Maybe next year his school will realize that 3 year olds and white polo shirts do not mix. If not, I guess I'll need to stock up on Oxi-Clean. For now, I'm going to enjoy my 2 month break with my little man! 

2 comments:

theglenns556 said...

Go buy a bar of Fells Naptha. Less than $2. It is a little bigger than a bar of soap. We used them on white table cloths covered in strawberries, chocolate and tomato sauce. Everything came right out! You will love these things.

Penny said...

What a big boy and a great accomplishment for a three year old! Wish my Leon could go to a real pre-K next year. That last picture is PRICELESS!!! LOL
Nicki, I'll have to write down this info and give it to our oldest girls~ they need to use it on every shirt their kiddos own. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...