Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Eli's 1st Wee Ball Practice

T-Ball is in full swing and my little man is loving it. He's only had a few practices because the weather rained out some of their practices, but he's already learning important fundamentals of the game. I think the biggest adjustment for him so far has been the realization that he's not going to get the ball every single time. He's so used to practicing with Josh at home and every single ground ball that is hit his way is always his. Now he's having to learn about sharing, taking turns, and staying in your position when the ball isn't near you. A couple of times I saw him hang his head at practice because he was sad because he missed getting a ball or because he didn't get to the ball (when it was in play for him) as fast as some of the other kids. I had to keep myself from going to him to reassure him that everything was okay, but these are lessons he's going to have to learn on his own. I know it's all part of the game and it's great that he has the chance to learn these lessons now when he's four years old rather than when he's much older. He'll be a much better ball player because of it!

Here are some pictures from the one practice I was allowed to go to :) Mommies tend to have an adverse effect on their kids when they're at ball practice, so Josh said this was my first and last practice to attend. 




Some of the sweet girls on Eli's team


Miss Molly



Eli's friend, Hayden, and his Daddy, Guy

Great hit!

Nice, level swing!




Haha! His expressions when he runs kill me!

Nice form, Hayden!


Getting ready to field some ground balls.


This little girl cracks me up! She's so precious!


Our little team is doing such a great job of listening and following directions! All the coaches and parents are so proud of them! I can't wait to see them all in action at their first game!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...