Wednesday, November 5, 2014

A Note to Eli on the Eve of Your 6th Birthday

My dear sweet boy, tomorrow you turn 6 years old. It is so hard for me to wrap my mind around the fact that we have had you in our lives for 6 years now. Where did those 6 years go? It truly does feel like yesterday that they placed you in my arms and my heart grew immensely. If the love I feel for you is any indication of the love God feels for all of his children, the only word that comes to mind is "Wow." Eli, you are my heart and my soul. You are my sunshine and my light. I cherish every single moment I have with you and sometimes that isn't even enough. You are the sweetest and most precious little boy in the entire world. You have brought so much joy into our lives and made our lives so much fuller and richer.

Eli, you are so much fun these days. Of course, you've always been fun to me, but now you can do so much more. We talk and discuss everything. You love to know the ins and outs of everything. You ask so many questions on a daily basis and your daddy and I do our best to answer them all. I love how you're always thinking and always wondering. Keep being curious! You are one of the kindest boys I know. You care about others' feelings and go out of your way to make others feel better. You love to help and have started really contributing around the house with chores. I love having an extra pair of hands, too. You are so smart and the way your mind works amazes me somedays. You sat down the other day with a box of Legos, pulled out the directions, and put together the entire set perfectly without any help from us. We were so proud of you! You keep saying that one day you're going to grow up and be a worker man, but maybe that means engineer. You certainly love constructing and building things :)

You are reading so well these days and that makes my teacher heart happy. Your teacher told us last week that you brought one of your Fly Guy books to school and offered to read it to the class all on your own. I was shocked and so proud! I hope that you continue to love reading as much as you do now. It will open up a whole new world to you.

Eli, I could go on and on, but I'm going to do a post of all your favorites as a 6 year old very soon. More than anything I want you to know how much your Daddy and I love you. You are the best gift God has ever and will ever give us. You may be getting older each year, but you'll always be my precious little man :) Don't ever, ever, ever, ever forget how much I love you. I am so proud of you and I am so excited to see what incredible things God is going to do in your life and through your life. I love you, sweet boy!

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...