Thursday, July 28, 2016

San Francisco: Visting Wine Country

We knew that we wouldn't have a lot of time but we all wanted to just see what wine country looked like. It didn't take long to get to the outer edges of wine country from Sausalito and soon we were surrounded by rolling hills and acres and acres of vineyards. We had entered Sonoma :) We didn't have a particular winery in mind so we agreed to just stop at the first winery we saw. That led us to Viansa Winery and I must say it was beautiful!


The Viansa Winery provided some of the most stunning photographs ever. The entire property looked like it was from a movie set. I joked that the only thing that would have made it better was if this was Italy instead of California. (Italy is DEFINITELY a Bucket List Trip for me!)


While a few of the girls decided to do a wine tasting, I opted to roam the property and take pictures. I'm not a wine drinker so me spending money on tasting wines didn't sound like much fun or make much sense. I had so much fun walking around and seeing all the rows and rows of grapevines. 


The girls met me outside after about 30 minutes or so and we loaded up and continued to the next winery, the Jacuzzi Winery. Once again, I was stunned at the beautiful scenery surrounding us.


At the Jacuzzi Winery they did FREE wine tasting, so I decided to jump in and taste some because "when in Rome..." I'll say this I didn't hate it, but I didn't like it. I'm just not someone that is ever going to enjoy ending the day with a  glass of wine. Now if there had been a sweet tea bar...hello, you have my attention :) #southerngirlatheart I did leave the winery with a bottle of red something or other for Josh though because he does enjoy a glass of red wine at night. (He's more refined than me, haha!)


The last winery we visited was Cline Winery. They were extremely nice and helpful here and once again their grounds surrounding the winery were beautiful. Seriously, all these people worked in gorgeous locations! They also did free wine tasting so I participated one last time. I enjoyed talking to the men who worked here because they were so knowledgable and passionate about their wine. You could tell that wine was truly a love of theirs and getting to share that with others made their day. Josh ended up with another bottle of wine from this winery :) After purchasing it, I spent the rest of my time walking around the grounds taking pictures. 












I wish that we could have visited more wineries but three is all our time allowed. We needed to head back to San Francisco so we'd have time to wind down before our math conferences started the next day. I must say that we did SO much in the limited time we had in San Francisco, and it's a city that I truly fell in love with. I can't wait to come back one day with my family so I can enjoy it even more! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...