Saturday, June 5, 2010

Happy Memorial Day

Memorial Day Mammy and Uncle Clare invited all of us out to the lake to spend the day with them swimming in the lake, fishing, eating good food, and having lots of fun. We got there around lunch time; we had to make sure that a certain little boy had a nap before we joined everyone! Unfortunately for Eli there was no eating for him once he spotted the "wa-wa". He wanted to jump in the lake immediately!

After managing to convince Eli to eat a little bit of food, we all changed into our swimsuits and headed out to the lake. Normally, I don't do get in water where I can't see the bottom. I have a phobia of something snagging me and eating me. This particular day I conquered my fear for my little boy's sake. I didn't want him to be scared of jumping in the lake, so I braved the unknown and joined all the boys in the water. It's so funny to see Eli without any fear at all. He saw Sarah's step-sons, Trey and Brian, run and jump off the dock and he wanted to jump, too! He saw his Daddy climb on top of the railing and do a back-flip into the water and he wanted to do that, too! What a little daredevil!

All ready to swim!

Look at how happy they both are!






Trey, Sarah and Will's son

Brian, Sarah and Will's youngest son

Taking a raisin break

Sarah, Tammy and Clare's daughter

Brian trying to win the belly flop contest they boys were playing.

We swam and played for a couple hours and by then Eli was getting really tired. We visited with Mammy and Uncle Clare for a little while and then we left. We barely made it out of their driveway before Eli was sound asleep. He slept all the way home and then an hour more once we got home. It was such a fun and relaxing day. Thanks, Mammy and Uncle Clare for inviting us out to the lake. We had a wonderful time!




1 comment:

Audra Laney said...

How fun! Do you recommend this swim vest Eli's wearing? We're going out on the lake while on vacation so I need to get Drew some kind of lifejacket.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...