Tuesday, June 1, 2010

18 Month Well Visit

Friday, Eli and I went to see Dr. R for his 18 month well visit. I'm a little sad though because we won't see her again, barring sickness, until after he is 2 years old. I love going to these well visits with him. It's so much fun for me to see how much he has grown and changed over the months.

Here are his 18 month stats:

Height: 32 3/4"(50th percentile)
Weight: 25 lbs. (25th-50th percentile)
Head Circumference: 19" (50th percentile)

I forgot to mention in his 18 month post from me what size clothes he's wearing now. I'm sure this is something I'll forget later, so I better "write" it down now. For the most part, my skinny minny is wearing 12-18 month shirts and 12 month shorts. He needs 18 month pants for the length, but 12 for the waist; so far, he hasn't worn any pants this summer though because it's just way too hot! He wears a 5/6 shoe. I've resigned myself to the fact that I'm not going to have a stocky, solid kid. Josh and I were both teeny tiny when we were little kids, so Eli has it in his genes to be on the small side, which is perfectly fine! The important thing is that he's very happy and healthy!

Getting weighed and measured like a big boy :)

Passing the time in Mommy's shades

Doing a little bit of light reading. He loves lift the flap books.
In this one, he always rubs the purple spots on the mouse and says "dir-dle" (circle)

Reading one of his all time favorite books...Polar Bear, Polar Bear

Playing with the beads

Dr. R said Eli looked wonderful and was a cutie patootie! She asked how eating and sleeping were going, wanted to know how he was doing physically, and how his verbal skills were progressing. I told her that Eli has become a talking machine. He knows so many words and loves to talk and just recently sing. It's precious! I told her Eli's favorite things to say now are 2-3 word sentences using the words Mama and Dada. "C'mon, Mama/Dada", "Let's go, Mama/Dada", "Get up, Mama/Dada" "Sit down, Mama/Dada". Of course, he leaves out a couple consonants when he says these words, but if you've been around him long enough you quickly pick up on what he's trying to say. I love the fact that he's talking now and can tell you exactly what he wants and exactly what he's thinking. I've labeled our house, so I'm hoping the labels will help him learn more words and increase his ever expanding vocabulary. All in all, Dr. R was very impressed with his verbal skills.

She was also impressed with his physical skills. Like I mentioned in the post from me, he's running everywhere, climbing everything, hitting balls off a batting tee, throwing and catching balls, kicking balls, hitting balls with the golf club, using his stool to "dunk" basketballs, and so much more. I think he's going to be an athlete just like his Daddy!

After all the fun stuff with Dr. Ru, he had to get his finger pricked to check his iron levels-they were great-and he didn't even cry. But he did shed at least 2 tears when they gave him his vaccine for when he goes to school this year. Yes, my baby is going to go to a toddler program 3 days a week next year. I'm so excited about it! He's going to learn so much! Anyway, Nurse J was sweet enough to let him pick out some Winnie the Pooh stickers and get a sucker. Eli was perfectly fine after that!

Choosing his treats for being such a big boy at the doctor's office!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...