Saturday, May 29, 2010

School's Out for Summer!

It's that wonderful time of year for all teachers and students...SUMMER! It finally came!!! I have to say that I have been looking forward to THIS summer with Eli for many months. He is learning so much right now and I can't wait to see him grow and develop over this summer. It's going to be great!

Our first week home was very busy. I spent the majority of the week washing clothes, dusting, vacuuming, mopping, washing dishes, folding clothes, putting away clothes, cleaning up messes made by a certain little guy, and doing all the above over and over again. Any other working mom out there want to admit how hard it is to keep a house spotless with a kid? I'm not even going for spotless though, I'm a realist! I know that that's probably not ever going to happen again. Whew! Tough work, but now that the majority of the work is done, hopefully I can just maintain the relative cleanness for the rest of the summer.

Even though Eli and I seemed to be consumed with household chores, we still found time to play and have a good time. Mr. Art and Mrs. Vera opened their pool and we got to go swimming. Eli is FEARLESS! He walked right up to the edge and jumped off without any problem. We've already established the rule that he can't go anywhere near the pool until Mama is in first and so far it seems to be working.

We've had so much fun together and it's only the first week. I can't wait to see what else we're going to get to do this summer.

Isn't his little swimsuit so cute? Thanks, Grammy for getting it for him!

Fun times in the pool


Even Eli had chores to do! The lawn looks so much better now :)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...