Thursday, May 27, 2010

Eli's Weekend with Grammy and Pop

This past weekend Eli got to stay with his Grammy and Pop A-L-O-N-E! Big step for this Mama! I had offered to keep Grant for Jessie while she went to her hubby's graduation, so I knew that it would be much easier to watch a newborn without a 1 1/2 year old running around. Josh was going to be busy cooking for the graduation party the next day, so I decided to call my parents to see if they would like to keep Eli. After twisting their arm (ha ha) they finally agreed to get Eli. I don't know if my mom slept the nights leading up to their weekend with Eli. I know she was so excited to get him, as she said, "parent-free."

Friday after school, Eli and I packed the car and headed to Jessie's house. He decided to take his monkey, Mo, along with him for this trip. I think Mo is starting to become one of Eli's favorite stuffed animals. He doesn't have to always have him, but if you were to give him a choice, it would most definitely be Mo the majority of the time. The whole way there I kept asking Eli if he was excited about going to see Grammy and Pop. His latest thing he does is to nod his head and emphatically say, "Uh huh!" It's so cute! Here's how our conversation went.

Me: Eli, are you going to swim in the pool?
Eli: Uh huh!
Me: Are you going to see kitty cats?
Eli: Uh huh!
Me: Are you going to see Grammy and Pop?
Eli: Uh huh!
Me: Are you going to see the doggies?
Eli: .....silence.......No.

All packed and ready to go see Grammy and Pop

Mo, the monkey :)

Well, I guess he's not a dog lover like his Mama, but at least he likes some animals! He did great on the trip to Jessie's house. He took a little nap and then watched Lion King until we got to her house. And when I say watched, I mean the movie was on, but he wasn't paying any attention to it. He's not really into watching anything just yet, which is a good thing!

Mom met us at Jessie's house about 30 minutes after we got there. Dad was working late, so Mom brought the one dog Eli actually likes, Max. Max, Mom, and Eli loaded up in her car and they headed off for their fun weekend. Did I panic any? No, not really. I did call about 10 minutes after they'd left just to make sure he wasn't having any "I need Mommy" issues...he wasn't. About 30 minutes after they'd been on the road, Mom called to say that he was asleep and he stayed that way for most of the ride home. It was definitely hard to watch my baby boy drive off without me, but I know the time spent away from me is good for him and good for me. I knew that he would be in wonderful hands so I really didn't worry THAT much...ha ha ha!

I only called about three times a day while he was gone-once in the morning, once in the afternoon, and once at night. I just wanted to be sure he was eating and sleeping like usual and having fun. Everything was fine and he was doing great Mom kept telling me. From the pictures Mom and Dad took, it definitely looks like he had a great time. He got to swim, go to Chuck-e-Cheese, play games, and do lots of other fun things. I'm so glad he had a wonderful time with my parents. I know there are going to be many more opportunities for him like this, so it comforts me to know he did so well with this first one.

My favorite picture from the weekend. Look at the JOY on his face!


He LOVES swimming in the pool!

Counting his "money" at Chuck-e-Cheese

Mom said he only ate a few bites of pizza.
He kept getting distracted by everything around him.




Leaving Chuck-e-Cheese with his "boon" (balloon)
I love the sign in the background.
Is it really asking you if you have your kid before you leave?

1 comment:

Baylee's Mommy said...

What sweet pictures! Baylee does fantastic without Mommy and Daddy too. Find of hurts my heart a bit but I would rather it be that way than her cry when leaving her. I wish I was closer to the folks so they could get more one on one time with B.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...