Wednesday, May 26, 2010

My Weekend with Grant

This past weekend I had the chance to spend lots of quality time with Mr. Grant. He's the newest baby boy addition to our ever growing family. Jessie's husband, Will, and her brother, Brian, and our cousin, Jeff, were all graduating from college. Needless to say, it was a BIG DAY for our family!

Since Grant is only two weeks old, he didn't really need to get out around lots of germy non-family people, so Jessie and I came up with the great plan for me to keep him. I called my mom to see if they would be interested in keeping Eli for the weekend. I knew I wouldn't be able to keep a newborn with Eli around...who knows what we'll do about that whenever we have another baby! It's not like I can just get rid of Eli whenever a baby comes! LOL! I guess I'll figure out how to be a parent to two kids when that times comes, but for now, I'm happy that I can call in the reinforcements...GRANDPARENTS! Mom and Dad happily agreed to drive to Jessie's house, which is conveniently halfway to my house, and pick Eli up for the weekend. They would get to keep him until Sunday afternoon. I knew that Eli would be in wonderful hands and he was so excited to get to go with Grammy and Pop. He's going to get his own post later though, so I won't give any details right now.

Friday after my mom picked up Eli from Jessie's house, I started my mini vacation with Jessie, Will, and Grant. I helped Jessie cook supper, I got to love on the sweet little man, and I got to go to sleep without having to worry about whether or not my little man was going to wake up. It's funny though. You would think that with a newborn in the house, my mommy radar would go off every time I heard him cry...NOT SO! I guess my mommy radar only recognizes my kid now, because I slept like a ROCK! Sorry, Jess! I wasn't much help during the nights, but then again, I didn't have what Grant wanted anyway!

The next morning, I introduced Jessie to instant cappucino, something every new mom has to have. Normally, I go straight for the hard stuff...COFFEE! They didn't own a coffee maker though, so I had to enjoy a nice cup of instant french vanilla cappucino. It definitely helped though and I think Jessie may be addicted now :)

Everyone started getting ready for graduation and pretty soon it was just me and this sweet little guy :)


He did so well! I forgot how sweet those first few weeks are where they just eat, sleep, and poop. I told Jessie to enjoy it while it lasted, because pretty soon you'll be begging them to sleep. Grant went right to sleep after they left and didn't wake up until his Momma came home. It was a perfect babysitting job for me!

The graduation went great. Since I wasn't there to take any pictures, I "borrowed" these from Sara, Brian and Jessie's sister, and Mrs. Paddy, Jessie's mother in law. Thanks, ladies!

College graduates
Brian and Will

Time to enter the "REAL WORLD!"

Sara and Jeff

Instead of fighting the graduation crowds, our family decided to rent out a pavilion at a local park and have a barbecue after graduation. That worked out perfectly! The weather cooperated and it wasn't that hot at all. Grant even got to make his first official public appearance to meet all of his family. Once he arrived, it wasn't about the graduates anymore though :)

Way to go, boys!

Lisa, Jeff's mom, and Josh and I enjoying some good food.
Josh and Shane, Sara's husband, were the master grillers and they did a FABULOUS JOB!

Papaw Chandler holding Grant
Grant came in only shorts. He tends to run a little hot,
so Jessie just decided shorts would be fine. Plus, everyone got to see those incredible ab muscles!

Mamaw Chandler in little boy heaven
(She tends to favor boys!)

Will, Jessie, and Grant

After all the excitement, we were all super tired. Jessie and I went back to their house and I got to give Grant a bath in his tub. He'd been getting baths in the sink, but we decided to try the tub to see if he liked it any better. He fussed a little at first, but seemed to calm down towards the end. It'll probably take some getting used to, but he'll end up loving bath time.



By Sunday morning, I was ready to see MY little boy. I'd done really well though. I only called about 4 times every day. LOL! Grant, Will, Jessie, and I were lazy Sunday morning and just stayed around the house playing with Grant. Isn't he cute?


I made sure to get in plenty of good snuggle time with Grant before leaving to get my little man. I had such a wonderful time with Jessie, Will and Grant. I was so glad that I was able to help out for a couple of days. I can't wait until Grant and Eli can play together! Trust me...it won't be long at all! They grow up so quickly!


2 comments:

Audra Laney said...

How fun! Did it give you "the fever?" Grant is a real cutie pie! Makes me anxious to hold this new baby we've got on the way...Can I just say that you have FABULOUS hair? It looks like you can put it up in a ponytail and it looks polished and finished. Wanna trade?

Amanda said...

Your hair comment made me laugh. My new "mom do" is normally a ponytail. I never seem to have time to do anything else with it. Thank God, my hair is "trained"!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...