Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Eli's First Sleepover

A couple of Friday nights ago, I cooked a yummy pasta meal-Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Jumbo Pasta Shells-for supper and had a lot left over so I called Mamaw, Papaw, and Zue-Zue to come eat. By the way, I've kind of become "Suzy Home Maker" and I absolutely love finding and cooking new recipes. This was one of them and it was so good and so easy! They came over and Eli was immediately glued to Mamaw's side. He didn't want her to go anywhere out of his sight. Poor thing! (Not him....her!) Eli is VERY demanding of her attention when she is around. Most of the time, Mommy doesn't even exist when she is in the room. Truthfully, it's kind of nice sometimes, because it gives me a little break every now and then.

After supper, Eli got his bath and put on his pajamas. I let him play for a little longer while Mamaw, Papaw and Zue-Zue were still at our house, but pretty soon you could tell he was just exhausted and needed to go to bed. That's when the fun began!

Mamaw and Papaw headed to the door with Eli clinging to her neck. I told him he needed to give Mamaw and hug and a kiss and come to Momma. His response was to politely push my shoulder and say, "No, Momma." Basically, the only way I was going to get him would be to pry him out of Mamaw's arms. She let him stay in her arms and we walked them to their car. Eli must have missed the part of the directions where I said we were just going to "walk" them to their car, because he got in the car with them. He sat in Papaw's lap, told him to shut the door, looked at me, waved, and said, "Bye, Momma". I was laughing so hard at this point. Eli had it in his mind that wherever Mamaw and Papaw were going, he was going to go, too!

They drove down the street and came back to see if he would cry if he left me and the answer was a BIG FAT N-O! He was perfectly fine and didn't want me to come anywhere near him because he knew he'd have to go inside. They kept saying that it would be fine for him to stay the night, but I was a little wary. I didn't want Eli to be a burden for them! They kept reassuring me though, so I got all his stuff together, placed him in his car seat, gave him his cup of milk, a hug and a kiss and said good night. He was SO HAPPY! You couldn't wipe the smile off his face; he was grinning from ear to ear! He pointed to the door so I would close it and cheerfully told me "Night, night, Momma!", and then left with them. I was shocked but also kind of excited! I was going to get a full night's sleep! WOO HOO!!

Packed and ready to go spend the night with Mamaw and Papaw!

He was SO EXCITED! He kept squealing and kicking his little legs.

The next morning, after waking up at 8:45 AM (WOW!), I called to check on him and they said he did GREAT! He played for a little bit when he got to their house, but he and Mamaw piled in the bed together and they were both out until morning. How cute is that? He got up in the morning, ate breakfast, and was playing his little heart out when Josh and I got there around lunch time to get him. He was so cute! You could tell he was in hog heaven with his Mamaw and Papaw. We got him home and five minutes hadn't even passed before he was snoozing away. He'd had such a great time with his Mamaw and Papaw that he couldn't even hold his eyes open anymore.

Fun times! I remember getting to spend the night with my grandparents when I was little. I'm so thankful that Eli gets to have these experiences as well. Thanks for giving us a night off :) I really enjoyed my sleep!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...