Friday, October 22, 2010

"Day Home, Mama!"

Eli and I were both out of school on Columbus Day so we spent our day relaxing and having fun together. It was so much fun to tell him that morning that we were going to be able to stay home together. Every now and then when Eli has to go to school or to Mrs. G's house in the mornings, he'll say, "No, Mama. No go. Day (Stay) home!" I have to explain to him then that Mama and Daddy have to go to work so he has to go and play with his friends. Most of the time that works and everything is fine. Today, when he found out we didn't have to go anywhere, he was as excited as I was that we finally got to "Day home!" together.

We relaxed all morning and after Eli woke up from his afternoon nap we went to the playground at the school where I teach. Eli loved being able to play on the playground equipment there because it was the perfect size for him. He slid down the slides, ran all over the playground, hopped, jumped, played on the swings, and got to do his most favorite activity of all...drive. This is just one more reason I'm so happy to be a teacher. I love getting breaks, even for just one day, because they allow me to spend time with my little boy who is growing up way too fast for me!






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...