Friday, September 16, 2011

Conversations with Eli

Before Eli went to school we had started practicing his letters and his sounds. He knew a lot of them, but not all. Since school has started though his recognition of letters has just exploded. Now he goes around saying, "Dere my 'E'! Dere my 'L'! Dere my 'I'!" I LOVE it! When he gets to school in the morning, the first thing he has to do after taking out his folder is spell his name. He knew how to spell "Eli" before he went to school, so he moved on to spelling his last name. He knows how to spell that too now :) I love how his little brain is just soaking everything up!

One of his favorite things to do is to go around and find letters that he knows. He was in his room the other night and saw the canvases above his bed and said, "E-L-I...dat my name!" Then he spotted the growth chart I made him that has his name on it and said, "E-L-I...dat my name too!" Then he found his backpack which also has his name on it and said, "E-L-I...dat my name again!" Then he made a wonderful generalization that made Josh and I laugh. He came up to me and said, "Momma, my name is all o-vuh da pwace!" I guess I have an obsession with labeling things...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...