Friday, January 27, 2012

12 Dates of 2012-January

When we were visiting my parents for Christmas/New Year's, Josh and I celebrate our 10 year anniversary. Before we went out that night on our date, I had my mom take some pictures of us. I wanted to try to recreate the photo that she took of us 10 years ago when we were first engaged. It turns out recreating photos isn't easy! It took us several times before we finally got one picture that was similar to the original. At one point, Josh looked at me, laughed, and said, "You know I love you when I put up with this!" For those of you that don't know Josh, he absolutely hates taking pictures and only does it because he knows how much it means to me. I'm so glad he does, too! Here are some pictures that didn't quite make the cut :)








It took several attempts but we finally got one that was close! I plan on recreating this picture every 10 years to see how we change as we grow older. I'm so happy I get to grow old with this man :)



After we captured "the" picture, we loaded up for our date :) One of Josh's Christmas gifts from me this year was twelve already thought out dates for us to go on throughout the year (definitely inspired by Pinterest!). I wrote a poem for each date and enclosed it in an envelope. On the first day of each month, he gets to open that month's envelope to see what we're supposed to do on our date. Before we left for our date, Josh got to open his first envelope.




The poems are fun and corny (just like me) but it was fun writing them for each date. For our January date, we went to eat at Copeland's Cheesecake Bistro, and then we saw the new Sherlock Holmes movie. Nothing big or creative, but it was just nice being together. It was so much fun being able to spend some one on one time with my guy! Our lives are crazy busy and being able to just relax with him was such a blessing. I know so many of you can understand that!


It only took me a month to blog about our first date so hopefully I'll do better with February's date :) I think it'll be neat to look back and see all the fun we had going on our dates. I can't wait until February now! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...