Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy Mardi Gras!

At the end of February, Eli's school had a Mardi Gras parade. All the preschool classes dressed up in Mardi Gras colors (purple, yellow and green) and threw beads and candy to the other elementary students. I had to work that day, but I managed to sneak away for a few minutes so I could see my little guy in his first parade. He had so much fun! 




What cracked me up was seeing his principal dressed up in her Mardi Gras attire. She went all out! I loved it! It's so much more fun for the kids when the adults really get into the spirit of the event.


Sarah's little boy, Clayton, was in the parade, too. He loved throwing beads and candy to everyone! He had the brightest and biggest smile throughout the entire parade!






I was a little worried about Eli riding a trailer without an adult near him (his teachers were walking beside the trailer) but then the truck came down the drive and I breathed a sigh of relief. Somehow I knew that Ms. Jody would end up next to him :) She calls Eli her "little old man" and loves him like he's her own. It makes my heart happy to see them together, and I love knowing my baby is safe, protected and loved when I'm away from him!








My friend, Kimberly's little boy, Reid was all smiles during the parade. Don't you just LOVE his hair??




I'm so thankful that I was able to sneak away for Eli's first Mardi Gras parade. It's little moments like these that I love getting to celebrate and share with him!


Happy Mardi Gras!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...