Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

For Valentine's Day this year, I found so many cute, creative ideas on Pinterest of different Valentine's I thought Eli could give to his friends at school, but in the end, I decided to do what we did last year again. We melted crayons into new heart shaped ones and attached it to a colorful Valentine card. Eli really enjoyed helping me break the crayons and place them in the heart baking trays. He was all smiles during our little activity! In case you're wondering how to do it, Eli will show you the steps :)

Step One: Peel the paper off the crayons. I did get a useful tip from Pinterest regarding this...if you soak the crayons in water for a little bit, the paper peels right off! After you peel off the paper, break the crayons into small pieces.


Step Two: Put the broken pieces of crayons into the heart shaped molds. Try to use the really bright colors. They seem to work the best!


Step Three: Once all the molds are full, put the silicone baking trays in a 250 degree oven for about 7 minutes or until the wax has melted.


Step Four: While the crayons are melting go to this site and print out your Valentine Card. Cut out each one. 

Step Five: Once the crayons have melted, allow them to set and harden. Pop them out of the molds and attach them to the Valentine Card. I used the glue dots that you can find in the craft aisle. 


Step Six: Personalize them and pass them out to your friends!

Eli and I enjoyed making these again this year, but we'll probably branch out and try something new next year. I still love being able to reuse something like old crayons for a fun craft like this though!

Eli got a couple Valentine's Day cards in the mail from Grammy and Pop and then one from Zue-Zue as well. He loved opening his mail and finding the surprises inside! 

First, he opened the card from Grammy and Pop.




He loved his Lightning McQueen Valentine's Day card and his $10 to Sonic!

Then he opened his card from Zue-Zue.



He loved getting a sucker in the mail and a monkey Valentine card!

On Valentine's Day, we went over to Zue-Zue's for supper and she gave Eli the rest of his gifts for Valentine's Day. I couldn't resist snapping a picture of my little man saying his blessing before we ate. 


After supper, Eli got to open his surprise. He was so excited about what it was going to be!



He got the movie The Lady and the Tramp and a new car!


I didn't take a picture of it, but my sweet hubby gave me a Kindle Touch for Valentine's Day. I resisted getting an e-reader for awhile because I didn't think I'd like it, but it's completely changed my life. HA! I thought I was such a traditionalist, but I have thoroughly enjoyed it and love reading books on it! This is going to sound SO LAZY of me, but I love that I don't have to find ways to prop my book open to keep my pages from turning while I'm curling my hair in the mornings. Now I just set the Kindle down, read the page and then with a swipe of my finger I can turn to the next page! It's wonderful! 

We also went to eat at P.F. Chang's (OH MY WORD! I HEART THAT PLACE REALLY BIG NOW!) and then we saw the movie The Vow. It was so nice getting to have a date with him. He's been my Valentine for 11 years now and I can't wait to share many more Valentine's Days with him! 

Happy Valentine's Day from our family to yours!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...