Thursday, December 26, 2013

Eli's SUPER 5th Birthday Party

This year for Eli's 5th birthday we had a superhero themed party. It was so much fun to plan! I'm a huge fan of anything superhero, so I think I had just as much fun as Eli did. In the past, I've always let someone on Etsy design Eli's birthday invitation. I'd pay $10 and then they'd send me a digital file back that I could print out at any store. This year after seeing that the cost of the designs had gone up I decided to try my hand at making my own invitation. I looked on Pinterest for some inspiration and found several designs I liked. I fused ideas from different designs together and ended up with this…


I LOVE how it turned out (if I do say so myself!)

The day I took pictures for Eli's birthday invitation I had him dress up in all his superhero costumes. I knew that even if I didn't use them for his invitation, I'd use them as decorations at the party. 






My favorite Clark Kent of all time :)

The night before the party my mom helped me with last minute party preparations and we actually went to bed at a normal time (for us). Either we're getting better at party prep or I've scaled back a bit on the amount of stuff I do for each party. I think it might be a little of both :)

The party started at 10:30 the next morning so as soon as we woke up and got some coffee in us, we started decorating and setting everything up. 


As usual, mom and I had lots of fun coming up with cute themed sayings for all the food and decorations on the table. 




I think the cakes I make have gotten simpler and simpler each year. This year I used lots of superhero props for effect and just added blue and yellow candy along the sides to complete it. It took about 15 minutes to decorate and that made me very happy :)


The cupcake label was probably my favorite of all. 




Here's a look at the entire table after it was completely set up and decorated. My mom did a fabulous job on Eli's birthday banner again this year. I'm so thankful she does his banners because that's always one less thing I have to worry about. 


Shortly after we finished decorating, our family and friends started arriving for the party. I missed having my friend, Torri, there to take pictures but I tried my best to make sure I got a picture of everyone who attended. We all had such a great time! The kids LOVED playing on the jumper and the adults enjoyed watching them and getting to visit with each other. 




The highlight of the party for Eli was definitely when my Dad dressed up in his Batman costume to match Eli. Eli thought that was the best thing ever. He LOVED it!








After the kids had played for an hour or so we gathered everyone together so we could sing Happy Birthday to Eli. 







The kids took a very small break to eat some cupcakes, but after that they were up playing again. 


Eli and his best friend, Logan











The past two years we've opened presents after the guests have left and it's been wonderful. Eli can actually focus on the gift he's opening and if he wants to play with it right then he can without having to worry about it upsetting another child. Eli was very blessed this year and got everything on his wish list!


Eli with the new Buzz he just had to have from my parents.

Stompeez from Mammy and Uncle Clare

Superhero storybook from Logan

Batman walkie talkies from Molly

Hulk smash fists from Thomas

Superhero Imaginext toys from Everett

Old school Spiderman lunch box with a puzzle inside from Harley Clare

LSU shirt from Caleb and Kailey

Getting some love from Mamaw :)

Eli with all his gifts. What a blessed little boy he is!

We rented the jumper for the day so after opening his gifts Eli and Tinsley went back outside to jump some more. We also took some family pictures. 







Eli's 5th birthday party was a huge success. It was such a fun day getting to celebrate this special little man who completely changed our world (for the better) five years ago! It's hard for me to believe that I have a five year old, but I'm looking forward to all the great things he's going to do this year. I can't wait to celebrate many, many more birthdays with this little guy!

1 comment:

theglenns556 said...

This might be my favorite party you've done! SO cute! LOVE IT!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...