Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Fun Spot America

Monday was our last day with our friends but our flight didn't leave until late that afternoon so we spent the morning at a fun little amusement park called Fun Spot America. It had all the old school carnival rides that I grew up with as a kid and more! Plus, they were celebrating their anniversary so we got tickets for me and Eli really cheap :) 

I think Eli loved the car rides because he got to watch movies. We haven't had a DVD system in the car for several years now so Eli LOVED the one in Nicki's van.


We arrived at Fun Spot and the first thing we did was head to the Freedom Flyer, a roller coaster where you sit and your legs dangle. Eli is a little thrill seeker so he loved the ride. I loved that there were absolutely no lines so we were able to ride it twice within 10 minutes of arriving at the the park!



After a couple of rides on the Freedom Flyer, we headed to White Lightning, a wooden rollercoaster. Micah was thrilled because he was finally tall enough to be able to ride it! 



We rode White Lightning twice and then ventured into the rest of the park so the boys could ride more rides. They did several spinning rides and I opted out on those. I'm not as young as I used to be and I learned the hard way that I get motion sickness really easily now! Jonah, Eli, and Micah did Rip Curl, the Screamer (it takes you up and drops you), and all the old school fair rides-Scrambler, Paratroopers, Tilt-a-Whirl-and then all the boys came to us looking very sick. All that spinning had gotten to them, too. We decided to take a break and head to the mall for some air conditioning and lunch and then head back to the park afterwards. 


Once the boys rested, drank some water, and ate some food, they started to feel much better. We all got an ice cream treat and then headed back to the park. The plan was to stay away from any rides that went around and around! 


First up, were the bumper cars. I rode with Micah and Eli and Jonah drove their own cars. Eli LOVED being in control of his own vehicle. Micah and I had a lot of fun smashing and bumping into everybody else. 





Then we headed to the go carts and raced each other. I don't remember who won but we all had lots of fun!


Our last ride of the day was the big Ferris Wheel. We all grabbed a cart together and enjoyed resting and looking out over the amusement park. 





It was such a great way to spend our last day in Orlando with our friends. We loaded up in Nicki's car one last time and headed to the airport where we said our teary good-byes. I love this family like they're my blood and I'm sad every time we have to part ways. I'm so thankful we got to spend a week with them and I can't wait until we get to do it again!


The Three Amigos

Love this sweet boy!

Micah's hand, Eli's face...It all makes me laugh :)

We made it to the airport with plenty of time to spare. We had a little snack, rested a bit, and then it was time to board our plane. We were headed home!



Our flight got in to New Orleans late and while we were taxiing down the runway to our terminal this dude crashed. He got about a 10 minute cat nap and then it was time for us to leave. We'd had a great week in Florida and it was a great way to start off our summer vacation!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...