Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Little Changes in My Life so Far

Tomorrow morning will be one week since I found out I was pregnant. Since then so much in my life has changed. Let's start with some minor changes. (1) I used to always drink a cup of coffee in the mornings when I got up. I loved this. In fact, everyone knows that I always looked forward to Saturdays because I could actually drink the whole entire cup. Now, I'm cutting out caffeine completely, so that means no more coffee for Manda. (2) I have bookmarked so many pregnancy related websites! I am addicted to finding out as much as I can about my little growing bean (sometimes this isn't really that good, because I find out a lot of stuff that I would rather not know!). (3) The way I speak has changed. Instead of saying, "When I get pregnant..." I have started to say ,"When the baby comes..." It's so fun to think that in 9 months I'm going to hold my baby! WOW! (4) I have turned into a camel, literally. I never knew a human being could consume so much water. That is all I drink during the day and I crave it now. If I don't have a bottle of water with me at all times, I go crazy. (5) Because I'm drinking so much water, Mother Nature has a way of making sure I stay close to a bathroom at all times. I know pregnant women have to go more often, but I think my mind is playing mental games with me, because I seem to be going a lot more than I should be. (6) Food is not the same to me anymore. I'll come right out and say it, I love food. Yes, I know I'm a little girl, but this little girl can eat, especially home cooked food! YUM-O! Now instead of eating just whatever I want and whenever I want, I am constantly thinking is this a healthy choice for my little person or should I pass it up. I'm very glad I'm doing this though because I want him/her to be very healthy, so I'm going to do everything I can to make healthy choices. Friends and family reading this, you can help me with this by cooking healthy meals for me :) Let me know what day you would like to cook a healthy meal and I'll be there with bells on! (7) I pray so much more. I pray all day long for this baby, me, Josh, our families, etc. I feel so incredibly blessed to have this baby and every minute I get where I can tell God thank you I am using it. I welcome any prayers from you guys as well! It's only been a week, but this pregnancy has been such a pleasant joyful celebration for us. I haven't had any morning sickness (thank you, God!). I've just been a little more tired in the afternoons. I am believing and thanking God that the rest of my pregnancy is going to go as well!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...