Saturday, March 8, 2008

You, Me, and Baby Makes Three

The most exciting news of my life appeared to me 5:30 Thursday morning, March 6, 2008. After a year of wanting a baby, I was pregnant! Words cannot describe the immense joy and happiness that flooded my body when I saw that plus sign on the test. I was moved beyond words. This was something I and lots of people had been praying about for a long time and now it is finally here. I am going to be a Mommy! Josh is going to be a Daddy! WOW! To know that in 9 months I'm going to be able to hold a child-our child-is mind boggling. The first thing I did, even before I ran out to tell Josh, was stop and tell God how thankful I am. For over a year now, every day I had prayed and cried and prayed and cried some more for this child. God in his perfect timing has now given me the very desire of my heart. Several months ago, I finally had come to a place in my life where I realized that God knew what was best for me and what was best for Josh. As hard as it was to say, I knew that if God never blessed us with a child, that our lives were going to still be blessed beyond our wildest dreams. But, oh, how thankful I am to know that a child was included in God's plans for our lives! Thank you, God! I am so grateful and so thankful that you chose us to be parents to this small blessing from heaven. Okay, back to the morning I found out...

After saying my prayer of thanks, I came in the living room. Josh was lying on the couch (he always gets up earlier than I do) watching TV. We had discussed the night before that as soon as I got up I was going to take the test. I actually had wanted to wait until the weekend before I took a pregnancy test, but Josh insisted that I do it soon, very soon. I came in with the test, laid down next to him on the couch, told him "Good Morning. I love you," like I always do, and then said, "I'm pregnant." His first response was, "No, you're not." Well, indeed I was! I showed him the test and explained the plus sign to him. He was shocked to say the least. Neither one of us could really believe it was happening. Josh immediately went into banker mode and started talking about tax deductions for this year and starting to save money (I love that he is such a planner!). We sat around for about an hour just talking about what the rest of our lives were going to be like. At one point, I looked at him and realized that he was finally going to be a Daddy! It makes me cry just thinking about it. God has been so good to us and not just because of pregnancy. God has been good and will always be good, no matter the circumstances in our lives!

Josh and I talked about how we were going to tell everyone. I said I wanted to wait until Easter when all the family would be together. He said he was going to leave that decision completely up to me. I went to school that day so giddy. I don't think there is another word to describe how I felt. I was on cloud nine! In between class time during school, I called my doctor's office made an appointment for my first visit. My favorite part from that conversation was when the nurse asked me if this was my first pregnancy and I got to say yes! My first appointment was scheduled for March 18th. At the time, I thought that was great because it was only 2 weeks away. Now I'm dying! I'm so ready to find out exactly how many weeks I am, when I'm probably due, how the baby is doing, etc.
After school I went by Wal-Mart to pick up another pregnancy test (I wanted to make sure the first one was right) and some prenatal vitamins. I figured it wouldn't hurt to start taking over the counter ones, until I got my prescription ones from the doctor. I was so nervous when I came home and took the second test, but in about 1 minute the result came up and this time in words--PREGNANT. Yippee!! It was really true. Now I was about to burst. I knew there was no way I could wait 2 weeks to tell my close family and friends. My mom even called that night to check on us and I was feeling so tired. I guess she could tell through the phone, but I just said I wasn't feeling good. I made a decision then that I would tell her and all our family and close friends tomorrow. Get the tissues ready!





The first test I took Thursday morning at 5:30. I have never been so happy to see a little plus sign in my life!


The second test I took later that afternoon. I wanted a test that would tell me in words that I was pregnant. If you look closely, you will DEFINITELY see the word PREGNANT! Yippee! Baby Wilson is on the way!

3 comments:

theglenns556 said...

Whoooooohooooooo! I could not be more thrilled. Well, maybe I could if this baby has red hair! :-)

Anonymous said...

What a blessing...God is good! I am a happy Mam-Maw to be; looking forward to every minute of this new adventure.
Sue-Sue

Anonymous said...

Can I hear an AMEN and a HALLELUJAH! I'm so happy, thrilled, estatic, delirious, giddy...I can't think of any more...I'm gonna be a GRAMMY or do I mean GRAMMIE"! Oh, no, I don't know which I prefer!!! Love, Mom.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...