Monday, March 24, 2008

Naming My Baby

Josh and I traveled this weekend to visit my family for Easter. I love being able to go home. It's so nice to be in the home where I was raised, smell the familiar smells, hear the familiar sounds, and be with my family. We got there Friday afternoon just in time for supper. While Dad and Josh manned the grill, Mom and I sat down and talked baby names. Mom found her baby name book from when she was pregnant with Caleb (my youngest brother) and she and I went through it together. It was neat being able to read my mom's notes in the back where she was trying out names for my brother. The coincidences with my pregnancy and Mom's pregnancy with Caleb seem to be unending. (1) She was around my same age. (2) Her doctor's last name was Daigle (3) Caleb was born in November (4) She never had morning sickness. That's all for now, but I'm sure I'll find more coincidences as I go through this pregnancy.

Mom and I went through the entire book of baby names and I'm still stuck. Naming a baby is not an easy job. I want a strong name for my child-one that when they are older will fit them. There are a lot of names that are cute for when they are little, but I want a name that will carry my child from an infant all the way to an adult. I also want the name to have a good meaning. I don't want my child's name to have a negative connotation. Here's where you come in...Send me some names!! I need boy names and girl names. I am already leaning towards using the name Eli if it's a boy, but I have not picked out a middle name. Think of some good combinations with Eli and send them in. For a girl, I'm not really leaning towards one name over another right now. I like Kiley and Emma, but once again I don't have a middle name. I want something that flows easily when you say it and something that will be relatively easy to spell.


I've got around thirteen weeks before I find out what I'm having. Boy or girl, I know we will be thrilled! Keep saying those prayers for this little one. He/She is getting bigger and bigger each day.

7 comments:

theglenns556 said...

You asked for name suggestions so get ready...I'm sure Dan WILL comment on his favorite name choice.

Baylee's Mommy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Baylee's Mommy said...

Carl and I finally agreed on Eli Mason as a boys name if Baylee had been a boy. My daddy's middle name is Eli and I have always loved it. Good Luck :)

Unknown said...

okay for emma the middle name could be kate. Emma Kate Wilson!!! And for Eli...I'm gonna have to think on it for a while. Ill let you know what i come up with.

theglenns556 said...

If it is a boy, willie.
If it is a girl, wilma.

Willie Wilson
Wilma Wilson

I love them both!

theglenns556 said...

Nope...those were all me!

Aunt Tam said...

The name Tammy Sue has not been taken.( I can't imagine why.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...