Wednesday, July 23, 2008

25 Week Belly Shots

Only 15 more weeks to go! Things have been pretty busy for me this week. I am enrolled in a technology workshop called INTECH. I have actually taken this workshop twice already, but this is the first time I've been able to take it in this parish. My college required all education majors to take this course and in my old parish, Rapides, teachers were encouraged to take this course so they could get a FREE laptop. Unfortunately, my current parish isn't offering a free laptop, but the pay is pretty good considering I sit in front of a computer all day learning to make calendars, newsletters, PowerPoint presentations-all things I already know how to do. My instructor has been great. She explains the assignment to us and then lets us go. I usually finish pretty quickly, so I've been able to work on a lot of things for my classroom in the fall. Today I was in heaven because I got to go to Laminating World. Josh is convinced I will laminate him one day that's how much I love to laminate things. He thought I was the biggest nerd in the world the day I brought home my own personal laminator, but it's SO cool! It's perfect for the occasional set of flashcards or pictures I have to laminate for school. Anyway, today I laminated about 45 feet of folder games, posters, and all other kinds of fun school stuff. What I love about laminating is that once it's laminated you pretty much have it for life, but cutting it out is another story. Whew! Now that's a job! Okay, now that I have furthered confirmed my standing as a world class nerd, let me move on.... :)

My summer is gone. There's nothing really other than that to say, I guess. It's back to the world of work for me for 3 months. Then I get a 3 month break for the best reason in the world-to welcome my sweet little boy. I can't wait. I wish there was a way to speed up the days between now and then, but there's not. I'm still enjoying every minute of my pregnancy. My most precious moments throughout the day are those few minutes every now and then when he moves and I get to feel him inside me. I wonder about him. What will he look like? Will he have a head full of hair or be a cute little baldy? No matter what I know how much I am going to love him. It's funny how you can love someone so much without ever meeting them. I love this little boy and pray for him daily. I pray that he grows into the man God wants him to be. I pray that he finds God early in his life and makes the choice to follow him. I pray that he will be strong and healthy. I pray that he will love life and realize the blessedness of every single day on this earth.

We were in church the other day singing songs during our worship time and I felt Eli move. It got me thinking about how thankful I am that my little boy is going to grow up and hear about God on a daily basis. Right now inside me he hears the songs we sing and the words we speak. He hears the prayers I pray every night and throughout the day. I am so thankful that he's going to have two parents that don't just go to church, but try to make God a part of their lives every day; parents who pray that their children follow God's will, but who are trying to follow God's will in their own lives. Looking back I am so thankful that I had my parents who made sure to not only talk about God but to live God every day of their life. I feel so blessed to have grown up inside the church and to know how amazing and marvelous the God I serve truly is. I hope that one day my son will feel the same way. God is so good! I realize that more now than ever before. Each day I live on this earth is such a gift. I am so thankful for all the many blessings God has poured out on my life-I know I don't deserve them, but I am grateful for them. I pray that I can be the mother and the wife that he wants me to be, the mother and the wife that I need to be, the wife and the mother that He's called me to be.

25 weeks



I had some time on my hands before Josh came home so I decided to have my own little photo shoot! I had never tried to take a picture using the self-timer, so I thought I'd give it a shot. I'm actually quite pleased with these pictures.


3 comments:

Katie said...

I really like the last black and white you took! Nicely done.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful picture.

Anonymous said...

Your pictures are cute! Also, I love to laminate, so I guess I'm a geek as well. I have my own little laminator and I love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...