Friday, July 11, 2008

Doctor's Visit and Other Random Thoughts

I went to the doctor yesterday to meet with Dr. Carey for my fifth doctor's appointment. It's hard to believe that I've already been there five times. We did the weight, blood pressure, temperature, etc. that you have to do every time you go there. Everything looked good. I was a little worried about the weight because my scale has been showing me some numbers I never thought I would ever see in this lifetime. Unfortunately, I saw one of those numbers on the doctor's scale yesterday, too. Oh well. Nothing I can really do about it now I guess. I've been walking on the treadmill and swimming laps this summer, so hopefully doing that has helped to counteract any bad pounds that I've gained. I know that once I start school again I will be up and moving around a lot more than I have done this summer. I probably shouldn't have even mentioned this because now people are going to start looking at me and my weight gain. PLEASE DON'T! I feel big, but I don't think I look big. All my weight gain has been very normal so far and I'm going to try to keep it that way!

I got to hear Eli's heartbeat again. What a miraculous sound! His little heart is beating so fast and I feel him all the time now. It's such an amazing experience. He even kicked a little for Dr. Carey yesterday and we heard it over the machine. It sounded like a loud, "THUD!"

Eli definitely has his own schedule already. I feel him mostly in the mornings and at night. I guess I'm up too much during the day to feel him then. Josh was able to feel him about a week ago, something I had been waiting for a long time. We were laying in bed one night and Eli started moving all around. In the past when I've tried to get Josh to feel him, I would say something and Eli would immediately stop all movement. I guess my voice startled him or something? This time I was prepared, I quietly whispered to Josh,"Give me your hand." I placed his hand on my belly and Eli did some massive kicks. Josh was thoroughly freaked out! LOL! He's so funny. He kept asking if it was me doing all that. I started laughing and of course this made it harder for him to feel Eli. He got to feel several big movements and I was so happy. Josh kept making that comment that Eli was going to be an athlete since his kicks were so strong. I surely hope so! Josh was an avid athlete growing up and I don't know what we would do if we didn't have a kid that played at least one sport.

Back to the appointment, Dr. Carey finished up the exam and told me that my next visit in August would be my last 4 week appointment. WOW! I can't believe that I'm already starting my 2 week doctor visits. It has passed so quickly! The next time I go to the doctor I have to do the glucose tolerance test. Pray that I pass the first time! I don't want to wait around for another 3 hours and have to go through it all again.

One last note, if you notice on the counter we're getting closer and closer to the 100 days left mark. I'm really going to start counting down this pregnancy then. It's been so much fun, but as my due date gets closer and closer I keep thinking about what Eli looks like. Is he going to have blue eyes like mine or like Josh's? Whose nose will he have? Lips? Hands? Feet? I'm ready to see our baby. I'm ready to kiss him and love on him and talk to him face to face. Just for kicks and giggles I've put up some pictures of Josh as a little boy and me as a little girl. Who do you think Eli is going to favor?


2 comments:

theglenns556 said...

Check out that hair on josh! Love it!

Anonymous said...

You were a cute little girl, but that is one of the cutest little boy faces I have ever seen!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...