Saturday, August 15, 2009

A Steal of a Deal

This afternoon Eli and I were running around town doing some errands while Josh bonded with some buddies on the golf course. I had a couple bags of clothes that I needed to take to the shelter in town, so that was one of our first stops. When I drove around to the back to drop off the clothes, I saw a plastic Radio Flyer wagon sitting there. No one was back there to accept the clothes so I loaded up the wagon and drove off as fast as I could before anyone could catch me.....

NOOO!!! I didn't do that! But I bet I got some of you :)

I found a bell hanging from the wall and rang it has loudly as I could. I was not about to let that wagon out of my sight! While I was waiting for someone to come see me, I inspected the wagon to make sure it was in working order. Other than some normal wear and tear, it was in excellent condition. The lady came back and said they hadn't even priced it, yet. I told her to tell me a price because I wanted it. She came back with $5.35. WHAT?! These things normally sell for over $50! I told her it was a deal, paid for it , loaded it into the car, and drove off smiling really big over my wonderful deal. That's one birthday item I can cross off the list now :)

Later this afternoon, when it wasn't nearly as hot, Josh cleaned the wagon for us and we took Eli for his first ride. Eli loves being outside, so I knew he would LOVE the wagon without question. I was right. He sat there like such a big boy while his Daddy pulled him down the street. Maggie and I walked beside them taking pictures the entire time (You know me...first time Mom has to document everything!)





We ran into Whest, Dara, and Molly and stopped to visit. Molly checked out Eli's wagon and even tried to go for a ride in it with him, but her family was leaving to go eat so we had to take a rain check on their wagon ride together. Maybe next time :)






We continued our stroll and then made our way back home. Eli didn't once try to bail out of the wagon. He sat so still with his little arm on the side looking at everything around him. I can't wait to take Eli for many more rides in this little wagon. I'm so so happy about my incredible find!

5 comments:

Penny said...

You're right--- that was a steal! I need to find one like that for Leon. =)
Mollie is getting so big and growny looking! I remember babysitting Dara when I was a teenager-- she was so cute and growny too.

Audra Laney said...

Awesome deal! Er...steal! (almost!)

Cristi said...

Lucky!

theglenns556 said...

I totally thought you took it! I was amazed! HA!! So glad you found it! He will love it!

Avery's Mommy said...

Gotta love a good deal :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...