Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Back to the Real World

Tomorrow I officially become a working mom again. I've spent the past 3 days sitting in workshops, meeting parents, meeting students, organizing my room, printing labels, making lists, making more lists, and trying to keep my head above water...and that's just my job at school! I come home and try to squeeze as much time as I can get with my two boys while cooking dinner, cleaning, giving Eli his bath, and putting him to bed at night. Needless to say, my days have drastically increased in fullness, but I'm perfectly fine with that. I seem to sleep much better when I've worked my booty off all day :)

Today I met most of my first grade class and I think it's going to be another great year. My kiddos seem really sweet; in fact, a lot of their parents mentioned how shy they were...we'll have to see about that one though. Only time will tell! Tomorrow I report for work bright and early and get to meet more parents and students. Then I get the awesome job of taking these young little minds and teaching them and filling them up with lots and lots of enjoyable and memorable first grade experiences. It's going to be a great year!

My little boy is doing really well at his new sitter's house. Mrs. G has been very accommodating to us and has been so patient with Eli. He goes to her very easily in the mornings and doesn't actually cry-though he does kill me with his pouty face and eyes he gives me every morning. He's eating well, playing well, and sleeping well there and seems happy. He's happy so I'm happy :) He is supposed to start pre-school sometime next month. I'm excited about this for him. We just have to work out a few drop off and pick up kinks and everything will be set. He's going to learn so much and make some sweet new friends. It's going to be a good year for him, too.

I don't have pictures to post, but I wanted to at least update you with our lives. I've got lots of posts (with pictures) started, but I haven't uploaded all the pictures yet. I'll try to do that soon because I know no one reads words. You're all here for pics of my cutie :)

Say a prayer for me and for all the teachers you know out there. Pray for us to have wisdom and patience and for us to be true examples of Jesus to our students all day long. Pray for my little boy, too. Pray that he keeps having wonderful days at Mrs. G's and that he makes a smooth transition to pre-school. Thanks, everyone! I'll be posting soon...well, at least I hope so!

1 comment:

Penny said...

Hope you have a great year! :) What pre-school is Eli going to? Really makes me sad FBC closed theirs. My baby went there for two years. Now, she's heading to college next week. :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...