Sunday, August 1, 2010

Chuck-e-Cheese

Our last night with E, I convinced the boys that what Eli really wanted to do was go to Chuck-e-Cheese. I love how vacations now are all geared towards Eli. Josh and I try to plan as many activities as we can so he can have a fun time and as a result we have tons of fun as well! In Ed's town there is something to do in any direction, like the water park earlier that week, and Chuck-e-Cheese was just down the street! Great! Time for all of us to go where "a kid can be a kid!"

We got there, ordered our pizza, and while we waited for them to deliver it to our table, we let Eli play a few games. This was only his second time to Chuck-e-Cheese-the first was with my mom and dad-but I thought he did great choosing which rides he wanted to ride. We started with good ole' Chuck-e-Cheese himself.


Then we moved on to go check out Bob the Builder's ride. Eli was most impressed with Bob's hat. While Eli was riding Bob the Builder's tractor, the greatest thing ever happened! A man handed me a pocketful of tokens because he and his son were from out of town and they were leaving. WOO HOO! I love acts of kindness from random strangers. Thanks!


Our pizza arrived and we all devoured it, even Eli! We've realized that you can't go wrong with pizza when you're trying to find something for Eli to eat. He's like his Momma. Pizza is his absolute favorite meal :)

After we ate, it was time for some more games. Josh decided to teach Eli how to play skee ball.


Then Eli showed his Daddy his hoop skills.


Then of course, I had to show my mad basketball skills, too. Josh was very impressed with my score, but then he had to beat me, not just once, but twice. Can't a girl get a little victory of her own? :) Love you, babe!


While Daddy and Momma were having their b-ball shoot out, E was following Eli around letting him go wherever he wanted to go. We found out that Eli really enjoyed playing Whack-a-Mole and he had great reflexes with the knock the duck over game.



Josh and E had a little skee ball competition. I think the son beat the father this time, but there will probably be a re-match when we go back.


Eli spent some time with Barney.


Then Mommy got the bright idea to try this insane ride where you have to pedal to make the bicycle go up in the air. I didn't see a weight limit anywhere on the ride, so I figured it would be able to handle my weight and Eli's weight together. I'm not a big girl, but I do weigh more than most people think. If it didn't work, I was just going to blame it on the machine being busted though and not me! We climbed aboard, put our tokens in, and I started pedaling. NOTHING HAPPENED. LOL! I was about to die when the bicycle slowly started ascending...WHEW! We went all the way up in the air and then when it was time to come back down, I will admit that our landing was a bit harder than most. LOL! I did get a few stares from other people, but I've realized that I'll do just about anything for my kid so I just smiled really big at them :)


Josh got one of our rides-yes, we had to ride it more than once-on video, so I'll try to post that as soon as my computer decides to not take an hour to upload a minute's worth of video ;) I'm really missing that high speed internet from E's house.


All good times must come to an end though, so we gathered up all our tickets and fed them to the ticket muncher machine. WOW! 250 tickets! Eli cashed in his tickets for three mini tootsie roll pops and a slinky. Could we have gone to the dollar store and purchased about 20 slinkies for what we spent on tokens? Sure, but would we have had as much fun as we did here? NOT EVEN CLOSE! Some things are well worth the cost in our book :)


1 comment:

theglenns556 said...

Jonah got the Whack a Mole game this year for his birthday a loves it. Might make a good bday gift for Eli. Says it is for ages 3 and above but he could totally do it. His hand/eye coordination is so good that he would do great with it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...