Friday, August 6, 2010

Working 9 to 5

Over the summer Eli and I made lots of trips to visit Daddy at work. Anytime we passed the bank when we were driving, Eli would see the sign and say, "Da-da wuhk!" We'd get out of the car, enter the lobby, and Eli would immediately take off running right to Josh's office. He'd burst in there with the biggest smile on his face. He LOVED visiting his Daddy at work. He got to do lots of fun stuff there that he never gets to do at home, too. Daddy let him type on the computer, answer the phones, spin around in his chair, open and close the doors, and so much more. Tell me this kid hasn't seen his Daddy in action before! Look at him multi-task like a true workaholic!


More times than not Josh is EXTREMELY busy at the bank so Eli and I usually only stay for a short while. It's usually really hard to get Eli out of the bank because he loves playing with all the gadgets in Daddy's office. This particular day Eli didn't want to leave at all, so I said, "Go look at the water outside with Daddy." Sounds like a pretty innocent idea, doesn't it? Eli had other plans in mind. He didn't just "look" at the water; he wanted the ENTIRE experience. I now have "that" child. Go ahead and laugh, I'm sure everyone that passed by us on the highway that day and saw me freaking out because my son was swimming in the fountain laughed, too. I also became "that" mom who made her son strip down to his birthday suit before putting him in the carseat. Yeah, silly me didn't bring a diaper because we were just going to visit Daddy at work and what could possibly happen there? HA HA HA! I guess I learned my lesson :) Josh and Cliff, Josh's boss, did have a pretty good idea though about the fountain. What a great babysitter it would be for parents while they do banking business. Drop the kids off at the fountain, go inside the bank to do what you need to do, and pick up the kids on the way out. It'd be perfect! I guess now I'll have to be very careful about what distractions I use with my son.


Welcome to our bank! Drop off the kids and come on in!

Ever wondered how much liquid a Pamper can hold? I found out this day...A LOT!!!!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...