Monday, November 5, 2012

Field Trip to Emerald Mound

After our camping trip, we decided to take a little field trip to a historic site called Emerald Indian Mound. Eli had lots of fun climbing the mounds and then rolling down them. I had never been to this particular Indian mound so I enjoyed the history lesson I received. It was a great conclusion to our weekend!







Diagram of Emerald Mound

Climbing up the mound


Standing on the tallest mound looking out at the second mound. 


King of the Mountain (Mound)


The best part of the mound for a little boy...rolling down it!







We came home exhausted, but our weekend adventure was so much fun! I'm so glad I get to go on these kinds of trips with my boys!


2 comments:

theglenns556 said...

"I had never been to this particular Indian mound so I enjoyed the history lesson I received."

Cough, NERD, Cough

Amanda said...

Sounds like something your husband would say, huh?

Cough, YOU MARRIED A NERD, cough :)

Cough, YOUR BEST FRIEND IS A NERD, cough :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...