Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Disney World-Flying to Disney

A couple of months ago, I posted that we were going to Disney World and that we had started our countdown. As you can see from the picture, Eli was SO HAPPY that his dream of going to Disney World was coming true! 

Fast forward 45 days and this little boy could barely contain his excitement! He had a huge grin plastered on his face the morning he got to cut the last link on our "Countdown to Disney" chain.  

The Wilsons were headed to Disney World!

Once our family and friends found out we were going to Disney World, they started giving money to Eli's Disney fund so he could buy some souvenirs while he was there. Pop gave Eli 10 cents for every green dot he got in his folder from school and those dimes added up quickly! Zue-Zue, Mammy, Uncle Clare, Mamaw, and Daddy also gave him money for his jar. The night before we left for Disney we counted just the dollar bills he had accumulated and it added up to $68! WOW! Eli was going to be able to get lots of fun stuff with that!

All the money Eli collected for Disney.

Since we live in a small town, we had to drive to one of the airports about two hours from us. For some reason, our flight kept getting more and more delayed (I think there was bad weather where the flight was coming from that day). Our original flight time was 5:00, but we didn't board the plane until 6:30. Not too bad of a wait. We even got to eat at Newk's before we went to the airport so I was happy, happy, happy!

After Newk's we went to the airport and got all checked in. Eli was a little nervous about Mo having to go through the "X-Ray machine",  but Mo did great. Eli was very relieved when he came out the other end safe and sound!

Eli and Mo

Excited about flying to Disney World

The wait time wasn't that bad but we still had to help Eli find things to do so he wouldn't get bored. He and Mo played on his LeapPad for a long time and that seemed to help out a lot. 

They finally called us to start boarding and Eli couldn't wait. I think he tried to skip about five people in line to get to a seat on the plane. We found our seats, buckled our seat belts, and settled in for our two hour flight. 

This was Eli's second time to fly and he did great just like last time. He played on my iPad and his LeapPad the majority of the flight and for the most part was pretty quiet. He did have a fascination with the window shade and the tray table. After about the tenth time of him lowering and lifting each one, we quickly put a stop to it and told him no more! I was probably more paranoid about his behavior just because I didn't want him to bother anyone else. He didn't bother anyone though and even when he did ask questions at the top of his voice, most of the passengers seated near us just laughed. Whew!

We arrived in Orlando around 8:30 and were greeted by this display. Eli ran over to Mickey Mouse so I could take his picture. Then he found Goofy and did the same thing! 

We had booked reservations on Disney's Magical Express to take us to our resort. Once we had our luggage, we found the Magical Express line and boarded our bus. FYI: Normally, the Magical Express will get your luggage for you, but it can take up to 3 hours for it to arrive at your resort. We didn't want to take this chance with it being so late, so we just got it ourselves. Otherwise, they would have done everything for us! It took about 30 minutes or so to arrive at our resort. We checked in, got all our Disney cards to use at the parks, and then settled into our room. By this time, it was around 10:30. We were all exhausted and crashed! We knew that the rest of the week we would be extremely busy, so we made sure to rest up!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...