Tuesday, November 5, 2013

The Night Before Your 5th Birthday

Dear Eli,

How is it that five years have passed so quickly? Where did all my time with you go? Tomorrow you turn 5 years old. How is that even possible? It feels likes just yesterday I was trying my best to go to sleep because I knew the next day I would finally get to hold you in my arms. The day you were born is and forever will be one of the absolute greatest days of my life. You made me something that I had wanted, prayed, yearned, desired, wished, and hoped for so many years. You made me a Mommy. Eli, please know that being your Mommy is the greatest blessing I've ever been given. Sweet boy, you are my heart. I love you more than words on a page could ever describe. I love you so much sometimes it hurts. I finally have a tiny glimpse of how God feels about us and what an amazing feeling that is.

Five years sound like such a long time, but I feel like they have flown by. What a great five years they've been though! There are so many wonderful memories that have been made these past five years and once again, I'm so glad I've blogged about them. Watching you grow into the little boy you are today has been such a joy! You are simply precious and I don't say that just because you're my son. Everyone that has ever met you has said those words. You have the biggest and kindest heart. You care so much about everyone and it makes me so proud to be your mom. You are funny. You make me laugh daily and I love hearing all your stories. You are so inquisitive about the world. I love watching you process new information. I love watching the little gears in your mind turn as you figure out something new. I love celebrating every accomplishment and milestone with you and this past year we've had several-learning to ride your bike without training wheels, learning to read, playing on your first t-ball team, playing on your first soccer team, and so many more.

Eli, you make life so much fun! I feel like you've made me such a better person and I'm so grateful for that. I'm so grateful that God chose your Daddy and me to be your parents and that we get to have the privilege of raising you. I love watching you learn more about God every day and it is my prayer that your desire to know more about God will never cease. I pray that you will always follow God and his will for your life. I pray that you come to know Jesus at an early age and you come to know his wonderful love and forgiveness. One of my favorite things this past year has been watching you commit scripture to memory. I pray that God's word will always be an important part of your life and that you will always seek Him!

Eli, I could write for days about all my hopes and dreams for you. I can't wait to see how God works in your life and uses you. I'm so happy that your Daddy and I get to be there to watch :) Tomorrow you turn 5 years old, but just know that no matter how old you get, you will always be my little boy. You will always have my heart. Sweet boy, I hope you have the best birthday ever. I can't wait to celebrate you turning 5 with all our friends and family. I'm so proud of you and I can't wait for all the wonderful things to come. You are such a special and sweet little boy. Happy 5th Birthday, sweetie! I love you so much!

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...