Thursday, August 21, 2008

29 Weeks

I went back to see the doctor yesterday for my first 2 week visit. Like I said before I can't believe that I'm already starting my 2 week appointments. Pretty soon I'll be going every week! I was a little nervous about going to my appointment just because it's the first one I've had since I've been back at school. I thought that my blood pressure or pulse might be out of whack, but both were completely normal. My blood pressure was the lowest it's been since I started getting it checked (96/59)! I guess my kids don't stress me out as much as I thought, or it could have been the 45 minute wait before I got to see the doctor. This year feels so different to me. I'm in a new room, with new kids, and every day in the back of my mind I think "I'm going to be leaving these kids for 3 months." I don't know if I'm not attached to these kids like in the past, but it already seems like my priorities are shifting. School used to be a HUGE part of my life, but now I think about my little boy who is going to take up my life when he comes. I guess, in a way, that every day at school puts me one day closer to seeing my little baby boy. 

Everything at the doctor went great. Dr. Carey measured me and listened to Eli's heartbeat. He was moving around a lot. Josh is convinced Eli already has ADHD...LOL! Ever since I started teaching again, he's been moving around SO much more. I guess it's because he's hearing me talk more than ever before. This is really good though because this means his little ears are going to hear my voice in the delivery room and know it's me immediately...I can't wait! I asked Dr. Carey if he could tell which direction Eli was facing and he said he thought head down. I just wanted to know because I'm starting to feel lumps and bulges in my stomach and I'd like to know which body part I'm feeling. Dr. Carey went ahead and ordered another ultrasound for me to check and see how things are going. I'm so excited! I was worried that I wouldn't be able to get another one before I delivered, but now I do. I want to see how much he's grown. It's been 11 weeks since I've had one and I can't wait to see how big he is now. For now, I'll leave you with the 29 week belly shots. My flash was on so there is a glare on the mirror, but you can still see that I've grown quite a bit! 



2 comments:

Katie said...

Awww... This reminds me of when Mrs. Cherie (sp?) had her baby in third grade. I guess the kids you teach are younger, but I remember how excited we were for her :)

I got your facebook comment. I haven't heard back from Destiny, but I've already started my plane ticket shopping! It's best to mail anything to my office (the mailbox doesn't leak). The address is

Katie Oliveras
University of Washington
Dept of Applied Math
Box 352420
Seattle, WA 98195-2420

I really can't wait to see you! Where all are you registered at?

Amanda said...

We registered at Target, Babies R Us and Wal-Mart. Which shower do you think you'll be able to attend? There's one here in Vidalia, too, so you could always come to that one if you can't make the ones in S'port. Just let me know!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...