Saturday, August 9, 2008

Glucose Test

This past Tuesday I went to see Dr. Daigle for my glucose screening test. I woke up starving but knew I couldn't eat. I was so hungry for my Kellogg's Nutrigrain blueberry waffles but knew I'd have to skip them on this morning. I was told to take the sugar drink about an hour before my appointment time so around 8:00 I started drinking the juice. If you've never had to drink it, it tastes a lot like flat fruit punch Fanta. I finished around 8:15, got ready for my appointment and made the trip over to the doctor's office. I was so excited to see that Dr. Daigle's nurse, Rhonda, was back from maternity leave. She just had a precious little boy and he was visiting the ladies in the office that day. She took his pacifier out so I could see his little face and he started grinning from ear to ear. How sweet! Rhonda took my temperature-normal as always, my weight-I gained only 3 pounds...WOO HOOO!, and my blood pressure-113/63. Everything looked great and I was so happy. Dr. Daigle came to see me before they drew my blood for the glucose test and measured me and listened to Eli's heartbeat. I love Dr. Daigle because she always makes me feel so good. She got out her doppler machine to listen to Eli's heartbeat and as soon as she put it on my stomach the room filled with the sounds of my little man's heart beating so strongly. She made the comment that she loved examining skinny people because it's always easy to find the heartbeat...see, wasn't that nice of her to say? She said that everything looked really good and that she couldn't believe I was already this far. She told me that I was going to start seeing them every two weeks now and I started smiling so big. She laughed and said that most people get upset when she tells them that, like it inconveniences them...WHAT? I would go see them every week if they let me! I love being measured and seeing how big my little man is getting. It's so much fun! Finally, Rhonda came to get me to draw my blood. She told me that they would know the results by the next day, but if I passed it I wouldn't hear from them. Well, I haven't heard anything from the doctor's office, so I guess that means I passed :) I worked in my room at school all week-big surprise-and every afternoon when I got home I would anxiously glance at the answering machine to see if the light was blinking. No messages from the doctor all week so I guess everything is okay. Thank you, Lord! I've been so blessed this entire pregnancy :)

Getting ready to drink my flat, fruit punch flavored Fanta.

Yummy, yummy to my tummy...Not!

3 comments:

Audra Laney said...

Ah the memories! That's the exact one I drank--ick! Congrats on passing! I know what a relief it is!

Anonymous said...

Have you and Josh attended pregnancy classes yet?! Did they make you watch the videos that scarred you and he for life?

I'm glad to hear no complications so far. Your good attitude through all this is an inspiration to Mary and me.

Cheryl said...

Congrats on passing! That was so nervewracking for me! =) I am like you--I LOVE to go to the doctor and can't possibly imagine WHY people wouldn't want to go and find out more about their baby and make sure everything is ok! =) I can't wait to start going every week here really soon because it means I'm REALLY close to seeing Brody!!! =) I feel just as blessed as you do about having such a wonderful pregnancy. I'm glad that everything continues to go well! =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...