Tuesday, August 26, 2008

30 Week Sonogram Pictures

Last week when I saw Dr. Carey, he said he wanted to schedule one more ultrasound for me. I was so happy because I thought that I wouldn't get another one at all. My appointment wasn't until 12 this afternoon, so I went to work this morning. I love taking half days at work because with my schedule the morning time always flies by. Before I knew it, I was leaving school heading across the bridge to the doctor's office. On the way, Eli and I had a little talk. I told him that we were going to take his picture today and it would be so nice if he would cooperate and let us see his little face. He had been moving a lot that morning so I knew he was awake and active. I just hoped that his face was facing us and not the back of his head.

Josh and Sue, Josh's mom, met me at the doctor's office. This was Sue's first time to go to the doctor with me so I'm glad that she was able to come. Now both sets of grandparents have been able to see their grandbaby on a sonogram. I know both of them, my mom and dad and Sue, can't wait to hold him and love on him once he arrives. They're both super excited about finally becoming grandparents!

It didn't take very long before the ultrasound tech came to get us and she started the exam. She measured and calculated, pressed and pushed, and did a very thorough job examining Eli. She said that everything looked really good. He measured 4 days ahead of his projected due date, so that would be October 30th, but she said my original due date wouldn't change. She said that he looked like he was going to be a big baby-no surprise there. Josh and I were both healthy babies when we were born. I weighed almost 9 pounds and Josh weighed almost 8 pounds. I'm hoping that Eli's around 7 or 8 pounds when he's born. Right now he weighs 3 lbs. 8 ounces and is approximately 15 inches long. That means he's got at least 4 more pounds to put on before he's born. We were able to see and hear his little heart beating. We saw his little stomach, arms, legs, head, and we even got to see his face. She used the 4D tool and we were able to get some really good shots of his little face :) Josh was worried that he would look creepy, but he looked so peaceful, like he was just taking a nap inside his cozy little home. As you'll be able to tell from all the pictures, he wouldn't put his arm down. He kept it by his face the entire time, but we were able to get a good enough look of his face to start making comparisons. I think he's got my cheeks and nose. Josh thinks he's got my forehead, too. I'm hoping that he will have Josh's eyes, but obviously we couldn't tell now. Some of Josh's co-workers think Eli already looks like Josh. What do you think? Let us know!

Introducing....Eli (Middle Name Undecided) Wilson
He's looking at us.

Another shot of him looking at us.

Profile of his face

Turn your head to the right and you can see his little nostrils and lips

Yes! We don't have to return anything. He's still a BOY!

3 comments:

theglenns556 said...

Would you like me to make your hospital doorhanger? I could do the colors of his room but with lots of flowers because you know, that IS my specialty!

Anonymous said...

he looks like your dad! LOL

Anonymous said...

The first three pictures are pretty good but we couldn't figure out #4 and #5! The 3D pictures are great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...