Monday, April 6, 2009

5 Months Old

5 months! Where does the time go? I feel like it was just yesterday that I was blogging about Eli turning 4 months old. Before I know it, he's going to be a year!

Eli is so much fun these days! Not to say that he hasn't been fun in all the previous months, but now he is just so active and doing so much! Josh and I love playing with him and watching him as he plays and explores the world around him. He is such a happy baby and loves, loves, loves attention! (Oh, dear!) If he is in the room with you, he is under the impression that you are supposed to be in constant conversation with him :) He's our little social butterfly.

Eli is growing by leaps and bounds these days and it seems like every day he is accomplishing some new feat. It feels likes just yesterday that he learned to roll both ways and now Josh and I need a GPS locator to keep up with him in the house! Seriously, this kid can roll and even scoot now! He's so strong and LOVES to stand up on his chubby little legs, even though he can't stand for very long. He adores his Daddy; his face lights up the room when he spots Josh. It's so sweet! Someone in the church nursery the other day mentioned how alert and active he was...spend a couple of hours with Eli and you will feel like you have just completed a marathon. Crawling is going to be lots of fun! :) I can't wait!

I always knew that I would love being a Mommy, but I had no idea it would be this much fun. This little boy has completed changed my world. I look at him and am in awe of how much he has grown and changed in just five months. I look forward to each and every day to see what new thing Eli is going to do. Every smile, laugh, squeal, and smirk light up my world. Josh and I are so incredibly blessed!

New Accomplishments:
- rolling over both ways
- eating from a spoon
- eating baby food for the first time (Applesauce...didn't enjoy it that much. We have since tried sweet potatoes and he LOVED those)
- sleeping through the night without his swaddling blanket. THANK YOU, JESUS! Mommy and Daddy love their sleep!
- cutting his first tooth

Likes:
-Mommy, Daddy, and anyone that will talk to him :)
- NUK pacifier
- Jumperoo
- Jumping on your lap
- Exersaucer
- Sitting up with help
- Playing Superman with Daddy
- Playing Peek-a-Boo with Mommy
- Being tickled
- Books, books, books!
- Going outside
- Listening to Mommy and Daddy sing really silly songs
- Oatmeal cereal
- Taking baths

Dislikes:
- Being rocked to sleep. He can be rubbing his eyes, yawning, and fussing, but will pitch a royal fit when you try to put him down. He's going to get a second job as a contortionist one of these days :)
- Laying down when he wants to sit up, sitting up when he wants to lay down

Even with these few dislikes, I have to say that Eli is SUCH a good baby. Josh and I are so very thankful for this precious little boy. He has brought so much joy to our lives!

(I know what you're thinking..."What?! No pictures?" We had a very busy day and Eli was already down for the night when I realized that I didn't have any pictures to attach to this post. Don't worry! I'll make up for it very, very soon)

1 comment:

Avery's Mommy said...

i really cannot believe he is already 5 months old...it seems like yeseterday i remember reading he was being born!

i love how you do the likes and dislikes each month :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...