Sunday, April 5, 2009

Memorable Day

Today was a memorable day in the life of our church. Since this past fall, our sanctuary has been undergoing a renovation to update, remodel, and expand our church. It has been so neat to see the daily transformations that have taken place on the outside of the church, and today I got to see all the transformations on the inside for the first time. I am so excited and ready for the day the sanctuary renovation is complete and we can all gather together in our new sanctuary.

Last week, Dan told the congregation that we were going to do something special today for Palm Sunday. He told us that we were going to write scripture verses on the floor of the new sanctuary to prepare the church and our hearts for the amazing work that God is going to do in the life of our church in the years to come. I thought this was such a great idea and I knew immediately the verse that I wanted to write for Eli.

This morning, the entire congregation walked over to the new sanctuary and spent time writing scripture verses all over the floors. It was so powerful! To see all the families in our church and how intently they were writing the words of God and the names of the loved ones that they wanted to come to know Christ on the floors of our church...I was so glad that Josh, Eli, and I were there to be a part of it.


The first verse I wrote was the verse I picked out for Eli and for our family-Proverbs 22:6
I wrote Eli's name underneath it because it is our hope and our prayer that one day Eli will come to know Jesus and accept him in his heart. What an amazing testimony that will be!


Josh and I know that we have such an important job now in raising Eli. It has been my prayer from the first day that I found out I was expecting that God would give both of us the wisdom we need to raise this precious little boy and that we would be examples of Christ daily in our lives. I hope that one day in the near future, I will be able to write a post about my little boy asking Jesus into his heart for the first time at the very altar we knelt at today. What a wonderful day that will be!


Josh and I also wrote two verses that were special to each of us. I wrote Jeremiah 29:11. It is a verse that has always given me such hope and lets me know that no matter how bad things may seem, God always has a perfect plan for my life. I have turned to that verse so many times in my life when things have been uncertain and each time I read it, I feel such a sense of peace. Josh wrote Romans 8:28, which has kind of been his life verse. Just like me, it always lets him know that God has a perfect plan for his life no matter what is going on in the world around him.

I am so glad that Dan had us write the scripture verses in the sanctuary today. When we go in there for the first time once the renovation is complete, we will be standing on the words of God...and nothing is stronger than that!

1 comment:

Avery's Mommy said...

love those verses...that was such a great idea!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...